Jamaican ex boyfriend and cheating

dwadegirl

Is there something about Jamaican men and cheating? Seriously. I was dating this guy from June 2007 until June 2009. Last year he was having financial problems and while we were on a break for 3 weeks, he married a Jamaican girl and said it was because she was paying him to marry her so that she can get her citizenship. The way I found out was him and I talking outside and she walks up and says, "Is this your girlfriend?" He said, "Yes, what is the problem?" she said, "There is no problem. You're married but there's no problem" of course shortly after that we broke up. That was June 2009. We did not see or talk to each other for a year. So a few days ago we saw each other. We ended up talking for over a hour and he kissed me. Believe me I am angry for allowing that to happen. He claims that he and the girl are separated and that he did not have sex with her until after we broke up. Of course he says he misses me and he loved me but he made a wrong decision. I do not believe any of that crap. I am just so mad that I kissed him! What is up with Jamaican men and womanizing? I haven't heard any positive stories about Jamaican men and relationships!!

I gotta say I used to work for a Jamaican guy and one day i came to work late and i told the truth which is "i was having sex with my GF and lost track of time (my ex would always hold out until right before i'd go to work gosh darnit!)" and he was like "no problem. Thats a valid reason." And he was strict with everything else including latenesses for other reasons.

But those West Indian guys...if you find a religious one...you've got soemthing there.

I gotta say I used to work for a Jamaican guy and one day i came to work late and i told the truth which is "i was having sex with my GF and lost track of time (my ex would always hold out until right before i'd go to work gosh darnit!)" and he was like "no problem. Thats a valid reason." And he was strict with everything else including latenesses for other reasons.

But those West Indian guys...if you find a religious one...you've got soemthing there.

lol thats so true.

If your boss is a stoner, you tell him you smoked a joint and forgot you were supposed to show up for work. bet that'd fly by him good lol.

Yes, because this one jamaican guy got married while you two were broken up, all jamaican men are womanizing cheaters. It makes perfect sense.

She's asking a question about a certain culture, and that is valid because there are different values regarding sex and relationships in different cultures.

Yes, because this one jamaican guy got married while you two were broken up, all jamaican men are womanizing cheaters. It makes perfect sense.

The point of my post was to see if there are POSITIVE examples of Jamaican men and relationships out there. Unfortunately my experience (and those of COUNTLESS women I know) with Jamaican men and fidelity have been negative. I can't think of 1 instance where the Jamaican man has not cheated. But if you know of one, please share. Yes, any man can cheat, but why do so many Jamaican men cheat?

She's asking a question about a certain culture, and that is valid because there are different values regarding sex and relationships in different cultures.

No shes generalizing a certain culture, its not valid because shes basing the entire culture off her one experience. What shes doing is stereotyping.

A valid question would be "How does Jamaican culture in terms of relationships/sex/marriage/ etc differ from American/European (or where ever) culture?"

@OP What do you mean you can't think of one instance where the Jamaican man hasn't cheated? People post their problems on the internet so you're going to find more bad stories than good no matter which race your looking at. Spend a few minutes on google and you'll find some success stories, I just did but I don't think linking is allowed here? There aren't many Jamaican's where i'm from, in fact I only know one Jamaican in real life, who periodically works at a pharmacy I work at, and hes happily married last time I checked. So theres your success story.

OP, the problem here is not that this man is Jamaican and is therefore somehow bound to a culture of cheating and playing around. The problem is that he's a bad person. That would be true whether he were British, Chinese or African. His behaviour is reprehensible and you shouldn't bother with him anymore - what sort of man marries another woman, then continues seeing his girlfriend? And not only that, then tries to draw you back in with more lies?

Don't blame this on his culture, because to do so is to take responsibility away from him and make him a victim of his background and upbringing. He obviously knew his behaviour wasn't acceptable or he would have been honest and open about everything -you wouldn't have found out when some other girl confronted him.

OP, the problem here is not that this man is Jamaican and is therefore somehow bound to a culture of cheating and playing around. The problem is that he's a bad person. That would be true whether he were British, Chinese or African. His behaviour is reprehensible and you shouldn't bother with him anymore - what sort of man marries another woman, then continues seeing his girlfriend? And not only that, then tries to draw you back in with more lies?

Don't blame this on his culture, because to do so is to take responsibility away from him and make him a victim of his background and upbringing. He obviously knew his behaviour wasn't acceptable or he would have been honest and open about everything -you wouldn't have found out when some other girl confronted him.

Now Housekitten, this quote was actually helpful instead of saying: any man from any culture can cheat. I already mentioned that is a fact. By stereotyping, I am talking about my experience and those of other women in the city I live in....not one has a POSITIVE example of Jamaican men and fidelity. If anyone on the forum has an example of a Jamaican man and fidelity, then by all means SHARE it. Otherwise, mentioning stereotypes without an example to contrast the "stereotype" does nothing to help your argument. Moving on, I do agree with Housekitten on this is an example of a bad person who knew his behavior was messed up. My original post was written because before I got involved with that man, many women I knew were opposed to me dating him because he's Jamaican. But I didn't listen because I said,"You're stereotyping. Not all Jamaican men are like that". But it turns out he was. My question was, why are Jamaican men associated with cheating. If they are not, then give me an example of a faithful one. If you can't do that, then please don't just write it off as a stereotype....

Archived