Curious about condom vs. no condom

thathoopla

This question is directed to people who have had enough experience having sex with (more than a couple of) people both with a condom and without using a condom. If you don't feel comfortable posting the answer here you can PM me.

I'm curious about any emotional differences for people you've had sex with with a condo and for those without. My guess would be that there are likely more emotions with the personn you have sex with without a condom. Maybe not even emotions for the other person, but your own. Is it more intense? People you have sex with without a condom might be your long term partners, so I would understand the idea of more emotions in sex like that, though I'm more curious if you've had more of an emotional reaction/intensity with non-long term partners without a condom.

Did wearing the condom ever act as a barrier to your emotions? In any way?

Does it feel the same with both condom/no condom? Other than the other person's personality and your liking to them being a factor....do you think wearing the condom has something to do with it?

Sorry if this is confusing Sometimes I think the juices mixed in during sex, and the unbarriered touch, can make sex more of an emotional investment than with a condom on.

Sex is always supose to be something very special that is shared between you and your SO. whether they use a condom or not. Condoms are a form of birthcontrol. so if she isn't ready to be having kids, then she is being smart. doesn't mean she doesn't feel connected with you!

Obviously you both feel closer physically without the condom...But from my expirences the only time I dont use a condom is when I'm with someone I've slept with multiple times who in the beginning I used a condom with. So obviously over time you develop more feelings for the person spend more time with them "Fall for them". So yea when I dont wear a condom which is only happens with someone special its a special expirence.

I only had unprotected sex with my SO so i dont know if my answer is relevant. Becuase i had so many emotions invested already, sex without a condom was so beautiful. Having bare contact felt so intimate. On the other hand, i dont think i could feel the same with someone i wasnt in a relationship with. One big reason because i would be too worried about STDs to enjoy it. There is definitely a different feeling when you have sex without a condom but its all in where your mind is. I love my man regardless though and right now we're not trying to conceive so we use condoms. I feel close to him with or without.

Has anyone had several sexual partners (not relationships) and not used a condom?

I have, back in my self-destructive days. I don't recall feeling particularly close to any of them. Personally, I think it's more about the feelings you develop for your SO prior to having condom-less sex. I can say that I do feel more connected when I have sex with my fiancee without a condom than I do when I have sex with her with a condom. There may be a biological basis for this.

Scott

I have, back in my self-destructive days. I don't recall feeling particularly close to any of them. Personally, I think it's more about the feelings you develop for your SO prior to having condom-less sex. I can say that I do feel more connected when I have sex with my fiancee without a condom than I do when I have sex with her with a condom. There may be a biological basis for this.

Scott

Thanks for that

It's hard to pinpoint why & how (for me anyway, with little knowledge) it can be like that.

Condoms are for birth control and for protecting oneself from disease.

If you need one or the other you'd best use one.

Personally that's what I love best about a long term serious relationship (and the guys been fixed already!) No more worry for those things... thank goodness because I just couldn't have sex as frequently. Condoms truly irritate my insides... I can deal with it but not having to use them lets me have sex 2 to 3 times a day versus just once at most.

Has anyone had several sexual partners (not relationships) and not used a condom?

Yes. Many Many years ago I was involved with a group. We did ALOT of cum play and alot of "different" things. lol

As to the feeling of with or without, physically there isnt really a difference, but emotionally there is. I love having a man shoot his hot load of creaminess inside me. And I love doing things with the cum. So my perference is without a condom.

But I have had sex many times with different partners without a condom, and I didnt fall in love with all of them. That would have been funny as some of them were 3 and 4 at a time.

I've been in 2 ltr's and have had sex with both with and without a condom. In the first relationship we started out with condoms and then I went on birth control for a while and back to condoms again. At first it wasn't a huge difference for me but when I went back to condoms it was different. I didn't really mind though.

In my recent relationship we've always had sex without a condom pretty much. He just pulls out like 98% of the time (I'm aware of the possible "consequences" but I'm ready to be a mom if there ever was any accidents) but we tried it with a condom once and I didn't like it. I do feel much more connected without the condom. Doesn't mean that I love him any less with or without. Just means it's more intimate without the condom. I do agree with others that if it's a casual sex partner or you want protection/birth control then sex with a condom should be used. Having sex without a condom simply to feel closer or whatever without being ready for a possible "surprise" is not worth it.

Emotional closeness is a result of the feelings coming from the brain, not the genitals. There are a great many reckless people who have one night stands without a condom and it is highly unlikely they connect on an emotional level simply because there is no bit of latex separating the penis from the inside of the vagina. Perhaps the orgasm is better...but that's just a temporary feel good physiological sensation...that feel good physiological sensation might have the side effect of making two people who don't love each other suddenly declare feelings of love and connection while in the throes of passion and the afterglow..but that doesn't mean it is a true emotional connection. People in love will get an emotional connection from sex with or without a condom because it is the physical closeness which solidifies the already present connection...without the condom just brings the two people who are already very much connected just a tad more connected because there is the removal of that latex barrier which allows them to feel the complete person...but I don't think a condom makes or breaks an emotional connection.

Emotional closeness is a result of the feelings coming from the brain, not the genitals.

Although the fluids coming from the genitals may have an effect on the feelings coming from the brain.

People in love will get an emotional connection from sex with or without a condom because it is the physical closeness which solidifies the already present connection...without the condom just brings the two people who are already very much connected just a tad more connected because there is the removal of that latex barrier which allows them to feel the complete person...but I don't think a condom makes or breaks an emotional connection.

Not saying it makes or breaks the emotional connection. However, for me there is a noticeable difference when in a long term relationship.

Scott

Ahhhhhhh condomless sex is incredible. I think it makes an enormous difference. There are few things more intimate and connected. I'd NEVER not use a condom with a casual or new relationship though.

Like others have said, the condoms only get disgarded after a long time, committment, love, std test etc so it's hard to distinguish the fact that feelings have built up and the relationship has developed as a whole from the actual connection of sex without a condom.

Grrrrr, it's been 2.5 years since I had that opportunity!

If I had a long- term partner and i would be sure about his past and that he has no history of STD , i would not use condoms , but i would not want him to cum inside of me for pregnancy reason , but right now i am using condoms to protect me from STD and pregnancy , plus i am not using the pill . There are many brands of condoms , i can buy the thin ones if i felt that we wanted to have a more skin to skin experience ...

I persoanlly so not feel muxh of an emotional difference, except the rime it takes to put it on kind of breaks up the mood momentarily, but all in all it doesn't make a difference emotionally. I still feel just as close with or without, but by preference without just so that mood isn't interrupted. My bf prefers without because he feel like it's break up and lessens the pleasure hving sex with a condom, whichbhe might consider an emotional blocker, but I wouldn't know since I am not him

Yes, but does it make a difference in a one night stand? Feel different? Better? Worse?

Emotionally, I never noticed a difference in a one-night stand. I didn't feel anything for them prior, didn't feel anything for them after. Physically, it always feels better without a condom.

In a long-term relationship, I ALWAYS feel more connected to my partner when making love without a condom. I don't know if it is a psychological thing, or if there is a physiological basis for this.

Scott

If I had a long- term partner and i would be sure about his past and that he has no history of STD , i would not use condoms , but i would not want him to cum inside of me for pregnancy reason , but right now i am using condoms to protect me from STD and pregnancy , plus i am not using the pill . There are many brands of condoms , i can buy the thin ones if i felt that we wanted to have a more skin to skin experience ...

Speaking as a guy, having sex with a condom on is like having sex with a rubber tube. Doesn't matter what brand, doesn't matter what fancy doohickies they have come up with to accessorize the condom, it really is nothing more than a rubber tube that you put your penis in.

Scott

Although the fluids coming from the genitals may have an effect on the feelings coming from the brain.

Not saying it makes or breaks the emotional connection. However, for me there is a noticeable difference when in a long term relationship.

Scott

Yes, but so do drugs and alcohol affect what the brain does. Point being, an orgasm is an artificial and temporary high and many declarations of love have happened while on this temporary high just like people have had sex while drunk or high and then realized once they were in their right mind, that it was a mistake.

Emotionally ?..er..no..it doesn't make a bit of difference, and I don't see why it would.

Physically, for many..there is a difference. Once I get used to condoms, I don't mind them too much. However if a guy ever told you he doesn't ever want to use condoms because he wishes to be more intimate...run far away. Unless you're in an established relationship and don't mind doing so.

Archived