Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you regret not telling him/her how you truly feel?

Do you regret not telling him/her how you truly feel?

Does anyone else have serious regret even till this day, that you never told the person you like/love them because of fear of whatever sort, only til they are gone. Doesn't it hurt?

Dammit.

I regret it. I mean I didn't know him too well.. I regret not telling him that I like him. Even if he would reject me. I regret it and I really don't know what else to feel besides like huge * * * * .

Damn my slight shyness and fear!

I need every waking hour with you and my friends because they're so beautiful

Yes. The guy I loved now I've loved since I met him over 15 years ago. He had let me know then he wanted me but I was scared (though I fantasized about marrying and having children with him). Now we reconnected and he's so scarred from a bad relationship he never wants to get serious again. Had I told him then I wanted him he never would have met the one who scarred him and I wouldn't be alone at 39, hoping he comes back and trying to go on with my life.
    Last edited by newwave; 04-21-2010 at 05:49 PM.

That is so heart breaking ...

So hopefully if I ever see him. I must say something?

Quote Originally Posted by glucoze View Post
    That is so heart breaking ...

So hopefully if I ever see him. I must say something?
    Yes because you never know. I keep hoping that in my case it does work out, but if it doesn't, I'll always feel empty. Sort of reminds me of those movies where a couple loves each other but can't be together for whatever reason and marry people they don't really love. That's my biggest fear.

Yes, thats exactly what it reminds me of.
    I don't want to scare him though
    I mean.. Ugh it's just eating away at me.

Are you with anyone?

I consider myself fortunate to have never been in that situation. But, if you have feelings for someone, let them be known. Even if they don't feel the same way, at least you know and it's better than going the rest of your life wondering "what if".

See I always believed in that statement.. But it's hard. I am afraid of rejection. But now I know it's now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by glucoze View Post
    Yes, thats exactly what it reminds me of.
    I don't want to scare him though
    I mean.. Ugh it's just eating away at me.

Are you with anyone?
    Me? no, but am going to start dating again. I just keep hoping he comes back but he hasn't called me in over 5 weeks so I'm kind of losing faith that he will. I keep asking myself why didn't I tell him this years ago? Maybe we'd be married and have kids and I wouldn't be spending time on a dating advice website.

Gold Member
    Wish I had the guts to tell this one girl I really like her.

Gold Member
    OP what was the situation with the guy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...