Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When your ex's rebound relationship ends

I'm curious, how should I act when my ex girlfriend's rebound relationship ends? In general??

It only lasted a month, and she texted me to even let me know. We have been on very LC (mostly coming from her end) for maybe 2 months now.

I was the dumpee.

You should act like you realized that it was for the best that you two split up. She left you, gave herself to someone else for a month and now wants your attention again after things didn't work out with her new eye candy.

The more information you know about an ex post break up, the longer your healing will take. If you two are broken up, you should not be communicating. I'm sure that you have all kinds of hope that she contacted you because she wants to reconcile. If I were you, I wouldn't put my money on that happening. Not until at least you have some distance from her...it allows you to work on you, even if you really have nothing wrong with you.

How gracious of her to tell you that her rebound ended (not)! She dumped you and started seeing someone else, I think you should put some distance between the two of you and not communicate with her at all. If she wants to reconcile it would be for all the wrong reasons...you need some time apart from her so you can really decide if you would want her back after she dumped you and ran to another guy.

That text was sent 3.5 weeks ago. I ignored it. Now, it just seems like she wants some attention from me, although I know she gets it from other guys anyways. We have not spoken on the phone in almost a month (and that convo was very brief), but she keeps sending me texts every few days or so. She tells me about random stuff, like her doctor appt, how depressed she feels, some ex talking about her (who cares..), whatever.

This past Friday, she even sent me a half-nude pic of her via text (and I saw where she sent it to 2 other numbers!!).

I know she's probably a complete waste of time, but we were together 3.5 years...I think I still love her, but almost hate her now if that even makes sense. I have kept my distance, but I really want to see her again. We live 6 hours apart now, though.

It sounds like she has no class and has some emotional issues. Honestly, I would just continue to ignore her contact...do you really want to be with someone who sends those kinds of photos to you and everyone else.

BTW I ignored the pic and all her other texts.

Platinum Member
    Did she say why would she tell you her relationship ended?

Bronze Member
    Bro, if she sent that photo to more than one person... well, f*** me.

She has no respect for you. And for women: respect = sexually attracted = she wants you for herself = she treats you well.

Let her know you two can't be friends, because you disapprove of the way she has and continues to act. Ignore her calls, texts, delete with out checking. If she admits she screwed up, schedule lunch in a public place, and let her talk herself into exhaustion.

Then decide if you'll take her back. But that'd be stupid unless you had at least two other girls you were seeing semi-seriously. Maybe after 3 months, if she really shows some change, you can devote yourself to her, but she's totally unworthy of your devotion bro.

Quote Originally Posted by DN View Post
    Did she say why would she tell you her relationship ended?
    Yes, these are her exact words on the text from 3.5 weeks ago:

" well my bf did dinner and rented a movie at a gf's place last night, guess i deserved that..spring break next week..seeing psychologist wed, niiice video btw "

then 3 days later she confirmed their breakup via text: "...single again.."

I ignored it all.

I think it's funny he cheated on her b/c she had cheated on me with an ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdmartian View Post
    Bro, if she sent that photo to more than one person... well, f*** me.

She has no respect for you. And for women: respect = sexually attracted = she wants you for herself = she treats you well.

Let her know you two can't be friends, because you disapprove of the way she has and continues to act. Ignore her calls, texts, delete with out checking. If she admits she screwed up, schedule lunch in a public place, and let her talk herself into exhaustion.

Then decide if you'll take her back. But that'd be stupid unless you had at least two other girls you were seeing semi-seriously. Maybe after 3 months, if she really shows some change, you can devote yourself to her, but she's totally unworthy of your devotion bro.
    No respect? That's very enlightening. I was almost thinking the opposite...she sent me a pic b.c she was desperate for attention or something.

I told her I had no interest in being friends, in fact, in our last phone convo. I was very blunt about it.

I have been straight ignoring her for the past 3 weeks now, outside of a text asking for forward any of my mail yesterday. We had lived together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...