Gallbladder removed, dull ache, bloating and constipation

Hi everyone,

I had my gallbladder removed 2 and a half months ago. For most of that time since then I have felt fine. Over the past week I tried to reintroduce foods that have caused me to feel bunged up before to see if my body could now cope with them better since the gallbladder is gone. Well it appears not!

The culprits that I can't seem to digest properly are things like bread, pasta, cereal, dough etc. It seems my body cannot break it down properly. Over the past week (I ate quite a lot of cereal and bread for four days) I have felt bloated and my side twinges and there is a constant dull ache. I got tested for celiac before they realised it was my gallbladder but that came back negative.

I hear alot about people saying excess fat aggrevates them (i've cut that down a lot but doesn't seem to be much of a problem) and they get lots of diarhear, but i'm the opposite.

I will stear clear from these foods, but it's a pain because most other food doesn't fill you up as much...

Do others suffer with this because of they had their gallbladder removed? And how long do the side effects wear off? I am usually constipated but have been taking ox bile for a while now and it really helps (but not when eating things mentioned above).

I had my gallbladder removed, (ironically, per the above poster) 12 years ago.

I have no trouble now, BUT, for the LONGEST time fried food just went right through me...my body could not handle them.

The foods you describe are NOT foods that I normally hear people who have had their gallbladders removed complain about, so you might wanna run that by your Doctor.

However, everyone is different.

Hope you're feeling well soon!

~Allie

I feel a lot of the same way until I started eating different. I didn't change my diet entirly. I just added some health to my diet. I bought these yummy chocolate gronola bars, I eat maybe two a day with lots of water with lemon in it. Sounds funny together but it works for digestive and pooping.

I buy those plastic bowls from the grocery store with all the yummy

fruits , such as canaloupes, water melons and those green melons and grapes sometimes and of course strawberrys and its already improved.

I have been going to the bowel a lot more often, In a good way. I feel less fat and bloaded and my mood is altered. Some people don't realize just how much constipation can affect a person. And yes I know what you mean about some of those foods you mentioned, a lot of people have

those problems. I get it with anything with white in it, bread mostly and ceral, and Pizza for sure. Pizza is the worse for me, I get all gassy until I can go to the bowel. But yeah, constipation can be cured with some healthy changes.

Well I hope these 2 things I have mentioned has helped. I used the shower sprayer on high up my bum before and its helped alot with getting all the CRAP out of me. Anyways, Hopefully helped some.

• 4 months later...

If you are trying to help a patient that has had their gall bladder removed or one that has a fat digestive issue, then you need to recommend pure plant enzymes that are focused specifically on that issue. OHS has a product called Optimal Fat/Sugar that is created to target this problem. The Lipase enzymes and specific minerals that are needed to break down fats are in this formula in large amounts. There is also some specific fat emulsifiers in the form of fatty acids that help break down undigested fats in the bowel and bloodstream. You will be able to prove the effectiveness of this formula by testing gall bladder function or you can monitor blood lipid profiles. The blood lipid profile will favorably change showing that less bad cholesterol and triglycerides are forming. This will prove that the formula is being effective at digesting the bad fats.

I was having a lot of digestive problems that gradually got worse over the past few years. I started developing a problem with milk and then it just seemed to progress to other foods from there.

As an experiment, I bought a chewable enzyme tablet at the health food store. I take them with every meal, and have no digestive problems at all anymore.

If your gallbladder is gone, it means you don't have as many digestive enzymes anymore, so I would try taking some and see what happens.

The ones I take are called ChewyZymes by NOW.

Archived