How do I get a knot out of my back by myself?

I'm home alone for a few days and as luck would have it, I have huge painful knot in my back right below my shoulder, it's painful to do, anything. It is even painful to breath when im not putting pressure on it. I NEED to make it go away, how do I do it? I think I know the cause of it, and i'm going to eliminate it, but that doesn't help me at the moment. lol On top of this, I have class tomorrow and i'd really like to not have to deal with this on my way to school, at school and leaving school.

Painful when you breathe? That sounds more like a cyst than a knot. Maybe you should see a doctor.

No, it's not a cyst. it's just SO knotted up. My cats hog my side of the bed by my feet at night so my upper body is on one side of the bed and my lower body is on the other side and my body is just all in weird, painful positions when i'm in bed.

No, it's not a cyst. it's just SO knotted up. My cats hog my side of the bed by my feet at night so my upper body is on one side of the bed and my lower body is on the other side and my body is just all in weird, painful positions when i'm in bed.

Ouch.

Do you have someone who can press on it for you? Friend, parent, sister?

Thanx Scared and Alone for the question, and thanks to everyone who responded. I've been having the same problem on my right hand shoulder blade for the past three days, I also know the cause, very frustrating!

I've been tossing and turning for the past two hrs trying to sleep. I have just tried everyone's suggestion except for the thermacare hot pad, I cant reach my back. I substituted the golf ball with a sunglass case as I thought it would be too painful to use, it also worked wonders. The painkillers have finally numbed the pain (I have absolutely no idea why I did not think of this one).

Thanks again to everyone!

Thanx Scared and Alone for the question, and thanks to everyone who responded. I've been having the same problem on my right hand shoulder blade for the past three days, I also know the cause, very frustrating!

I've been tossing and turning for the past two hrs trying to sleep. I have just tried everyone's suggestion except for the thermacare hot pad, I cant reach my back. I substituted the golf ball with a sunglass case as I thought it would be too painful to use, it also worked wonders. The painkillers have finally numbed the pain (I have absolutely no idea why I did not think of this one).

Thanks again to everyone!

Thats where mine is too! I might try some aleve in a little bit, if it doesn't get better with the heating pad.

Archived