Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Girls: Is a 27 year old virgin male who has never kissed a girl attractive to you?

Simple enough question. If you were dating someone and you found out he had never been with someone else, would you drop him?

No. I'm still young enough to be meeting guys who haven't had girlfriends. Although it would make me wonder why exactly it had never happened for him, if I still liked him a lot for his looks and his personality, I'd still date him.

However - a lack of previous experience would suggest to me that he lacked confidence, lacked an ability to go after what he wanted, and had a generally more introverted personality. There's nothing wrong with being that guy, but for me personally, I know that I like confident men.

But if this guy seemed to be confident and calm and happy, and just hadn't had it happen for him, I would be prepared to give him a chance. So long as it wasn't a front for a towering stack of nervous insecurity.

Based on that alone, no I wouldn't drop him. I prefer someone with some experience, but if I liked him enough I certainly wouldn't hold that against him.
    I fell out of my stream of self-consciousness
    And I've got welts on my mind to signify all my accomplishments.

i think its no matter
    飘飘何所似, 天地一沙鸥。

Say that the reason for this lack of experience was because he's shy around attractive women. Would that be a turnoff?

Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LightbulbSun View Post
    Say that the reason for this lack of experience was because he's shy around attractive women. Would that be a turnoff?
    I would be apathetic as to what his experience was. It might be kind of nice actually, as long as he wasn't insecure about me having some experience.

As for the shyness, I would help him get over it. If his shyness affected my social life (he didn't want to go out and was upset when I did with my friends), then that would be a turnoff.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseKitten View Post
    But if this guy seemed to be confident and calm and happy, and just hadn't had it happen for him, I would be prepared to give him a chance. So long as it wasn't a front for a towering stack of nervous insecurity.
    Unless a 27 year old virgin is waiting for the right one, or is in love with Jebus, I really think that he's gonna be a nervous ball of insecurity that isn't high on confidence.

And he sure isn't gonna be calm.

I wouldn't do it because I have had a lot of experience in LTRs, casual flings, one night stands, FWB. Most likely he wouldn't be able to "manage" me in the slightest. Someone with little experience needs a more shy and "nice" girl.

Silver Member
    Hypothetically,

If he is not socially inept, yes that's attractive. It would feel really special if we did get together.

Quirky, what exactly do you mean by 'handle you'?

I've seen this posted as a reason before, and I just don't understand it. There are millions of jerks and a**holes who have had tons of girlfriends and sexual partners, it doesn't make them any more better at handling a relationship.

I'm family oriented, I love kids, and even though I'm shy, I open up once you get to know me. I have friends who I've been friends with since middle school and high school, and I still get in touch with them. People generally seem to like me.

My problem is that whenever a girl shows interest in me, I tend to 'run away.' And forget making the first move...I get nervous enough when she makes the first move! I realize that this is a problem that I need to solve, if I ever want to be in a relationship with a girl, but if I got to know her, I'm pretty sure that I'd stop being scared. Therefore, I could "handle" a relationship.

Does it really make me 'damaged' or 'broken' because I haven't had a first love yet?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...