Seeing boyfriend once or twice a week

kiimberlyox

My boyfriend and I only see each other once or twice a week.

But we talk everyday.

Is ok to have a relationship like that ?

My good friends thinks it's weird.

But I am ok with it because I am not ready for a big longterme relationship for now since the breakup with my ex boyfriend was a horrible part of my life.

Hes ok with that too.

Can a relationship work ?

Im 21 hes 26 .

Well of course it could work. In fact, it may even be better that the two of you start off this slow. Sounds like you are still a little strung up over your last break up. It is good to take things a little slow when you are unsure. Just make sure that you move at a good pace in the relationship because there is a fine line between a good slow pace and a brick wall that has to be taken down.

Just do what makes the two of you happy. I am sure that the amount of time between each encounter will start to decrease the more you start to like each other

The same goes for my G/F and I. It makes the days together much more important. Not easy on the heart sometimes, but the alternative sucks!

Great advice here! Sometimes you have to make that decision whether or not the "juice is worth the squeeze" (line from "Girl Next Door")

Sometimes we react on impulse and bitter emotions. We always need to picture our life without that person and whether or not the reason for leaving that person would be justified.

Your heart will tell you whether or not it is getting what it needs to make a relationship work.

My boyfriend and I only see each other once or twice a week.

But we talk everyday.

Is ok to have a relationship like that ?

My good friends thinks it's weird.

But I am ok with it because I am not ready for a big longterme relationship for now...

Can a relationship work ?

Who's to say it's not going to work? Why worry about what your friends say about YOUR relationship? Their opinions shouldn't affect your relationship at all.

Hon, I've done it for years. It was short distance (2 days a week), to long distance (2 days A MONTH since we went to different colleges), and then a few years later (now), it was back to short distance (2 days... sometimes more). I made my relationship work.

What you should worry about is if this is RIGHT for you.

Who's to say it's not going to work? Why worry about what your friends say about YOUR relationship? Their opinions shouldn't affect your relationship at all.

Exactly.

The number one way to screw up your relationship with someone else is if you let your friends and the whole world in your business with your partner.

Some people love drama and want to screw relationships up. It get's their blood pumping and their egos growing, to know that there are people just as misreable as they are.

For the bulk of my relationship we saw each other only once, generally twice a week..but thats because I went to school/worked during the day, and his jobs were always evening/night shifts..so we only had Friday evening and Saturday together for several years during our relationship. We had no choice really...and we made it. It kept the spark going intensely for a long time. We would have loved more time together, so maybe thats the only difference in this scenario...we would have loved to be together almost daily..but it wasn't an option.

Archived