Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze Member

I don't grow hair under my arms?

I'm a 25 year old caucasian woman--and I've never grown any hair under my arms; completely clear and hairless there. Isn't that strange? I grow the usual peachfuzz woman hair all over my body and the normal hair "down there"; I got my period at the normal age(11), the other body hair grew in along with it, but nothing under my arms! This isn't a genetic thing, because all of the men & women in my family on both sides grow it.

Is anyone else like this? Is it possible this could be the cause of something odd with my body--like a hormone imbalance or something? Believe me, I don't miss having to shave or anything, I've just always found it strange.

im the same way. I dont know anyone else like this either. I consider myself very lucky lol

Wow. you guys are lucky!!! Im jealous.
    Baby Aaron Michael is due July 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by hahaha1021 View Post
    Wow. you guys are lucky!!! Im jealous.
    I totally agree with you on that one! To have no hair growing on my body except for my eyelashes, eyebrows and the hair on my head would be a godsend!
    I'll know when the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by anya85 View Post
    I'm a 25 year old caucasian woman--and I've never grown any hair under my arms; completely clear and hairless there. Isn't that strange? I grow the usual peachfuzz woman hair all over my body and the normal hair "down there"; I got my period at the normal age(11), the other body hair grew in along with it, but nothing under my arms! This isn't a genetic thing, because all of the men & women in my family on both sides grow it.

Is anyone else like this? Is it possible this could be the cause of something odd with my body--like a hormone imbalance or something? Believe me, I don't miss having to shave or anything, I've just always found it strange.
    I wonder if it could be genetic. Just because no one else in the family also doesn't grow hair does not mean it's not an inherited condition. Maybe you inherited 2 recessive genes, one from each parent, for hair growth under the arm. Or a genetic mutation?

If you are really that concerned you could talk to your Dr. I kind of doubt it's a hormonal imbalance.. you would probably have other health issues if that were the case. But I'm not a doctor.

I am jealous...
    "Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free and realizing you were the prisoner." ~Max Lucado

very jealous!

Gold Member
    Consider yourself lucky. I know a guy at work, in his 50's, who doesn't grow facial hair but the rest of the body does. It's how we're all different I guess. I wouldn't assume it's some imbalance.

I'm with all of them jelous lucky

*gamma rays of hatred and jealousy*

I have to shave EVERY day It's so irritating. Consider yourself super lucky.
    JenSocietyOfSloreMaking!

Is this some kind of a joke, will someone wake me up soon? Tell me this was just a game we played called life...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...