Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Are some women more fertile than others?

Just a curiosity question, not one having anything to do with me.

Are some women extremely fertile? Are some women not very fertile? I know some are fertile and some are infertile but is there an in between?
    I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

Spay and neuter your pets! Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die!

I would say yes. Some women start puberty with over a million eggs, while others might start with only 40,000.

Yea, i have a friend that i don't even look at wrong b/c she'll get knocked up whereas I have another that couldn't get pregnant if her life depended on it. :/

Hm, so it's an egg thing? Interesting. I thought we all had the same number haha.

I wonder sometimes about myself. I've had unprotected sex for years with minimal BC at times and never so much as missed a period.

Quote Originally Posted by hersmudders View Post
    Hm, so it's an egg thing? Interesting. I thought we all had the same number haha..
    The same thing applies to men, where some men are more fertile than others (high sperm count v. low sperm count).
    Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will always get you the right ones.

It doesn't just have to do with the number of eggs. There's the quality of the uterine environment as well, and a whole bunch of other parts that can affect the outcome. Fertility is a pretty complicated thing. For instance - a list of all the reasons one can be infertile, which means all those things must be working in order to be fertile:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_infertility

But yes, definitely varies.

As you, of course, know, it's not really something that can be determined just from having unprotected sex and not getting pregnant. I'd be careful, if I were you!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenBeans View Post
    Yea, i have a friend that i don't even look at wrong b/c she'll get knocked up
    I used to work with one of those. It was crazy.
    "And all I can think is that it must be a kind of rebellion
    to arm your fears like soldiers and to slay them...." -The Airborne Toxic Event

"All you need to understand is everything you know is wrong." - Weird Al Yankovic

Oh sophie, don't worry, I am. I don't want children but I also don't want to use abortion as birth control. I just mean over the years when I've been in relationships, I haven't used condoms but have been on just the pill. Right now I have implanon and we don't use condoms. But there's always that chance of course.

Yeah women are more fertile than others, though I would suggest spending more money/effort on contraceptives if you're truly that worried about a pregnancy. The cost and emotional destruction of an abortion isnt worth it, and the money would be better spent on birth control items themselves.

Blueman: if you read my first post, you'll see I am not asking anything for myself. I'm just curious. I'm 27 years old and know about birth control options and how not to get myself into a situation I can't handle.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Babies who are conceived with the help of some methods of fertility treatment are at more risk of birth defects than babies who are born to parents ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Women, who suffer from excess weight or have Type 2 or gestational diabetes during pregnancy, are at an increased risk of having a child with ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Pregnancy may decrease a woman's risk of developing the debilitating illness multiple sclerosis, Australian researchers have found. It has already ...