Guys: Why date polar opposite of your ex?

Guys,

What would make you go for a girl that is the polar opposite of your ex when it comes to appearance and religion, when you said, you'd never date someone outside your religion. And its not a matter of the new girl having a better personality because your friends even complained to you that they preferred your ex.

Its complicated to write out; however, I find myself in the position of having questions concerning my ex's current gf. He's made it clear he's attracted to me, yet she looks nothing like me. Similar personality traits are present; moreover, he still talks to me and is flirtatious. Yet I can't for the life of me understand why he's with her when he knows how I feel about him, and his friends have even said he still has strong feelings for me. Why be with her?

I'm expecting the usual "personality outranks looks;" however, my exes friends have even commented that my ex even knows I have a better personality. HELP!!!

His relations with one kind of person ended in heartbreak, so he's giving a new type of person a try and see if that works out better for him.

I think it's healthier than dating someone exactly like your ex....

We're VERY similar in our likes...sports, sense of humor, hell we obviously have the same taste in men lol! the only REAL difference seems to be in our appearance and religion. He always said he'd never date someone outside of his religion...yet he's Catholic & she's Jewish.

We're VERY similar in our likes...sports, sense of humor, hell we obviously have the same taste in men lol! the only REAL difference seems to be in our appearance and religion. He always said he'd never date someone outside of his religion...yet he's Catholic & she's Jewish.

You said she was polar opposite. And now you are saying the only difference is dress and faith.

As far as never dating someone outside of his religion....never say never.

Well if you're that similar, you're not exactly 'polar opposites'. She's just Jewish and looks different than you. Not really that opposite. By anyway... why not? Why shouldn't he? Could just be something different that he fancied. Just wanted to try a different brand of girl.

Archived