Weightloss Challenge 2010!!

Okay folks! I am creating this thread to help motivate me to lose this weight once and for all!! I also created it for anyone else who may be trying to lose weight. Whether it's only 10 pounds or more than 50, any and all are welcome to join.

I will officially begin this journey Monday, January 4th, 2010 with my first weigh-in and will weigh-in every Monday thereafter and post my results.

Losing weight can be such a challenge and it's so easy to fall off the wagon which is why I figured if I had some type of accountability, then maybe I will have more success.

I encourage others to join me in this weightloss journey and hopefully we can motivate each other to get in shape! Let's share ideas, recipes, accomplishments, and most importantly support each other!

So, if you're ready for the challenge join in! I want to try to lose around 50 pounds, so I'll be here for awhile even if I have to do it alone!

I'm ready to start the year off right!!

Cool I'm in. What do we do? More than anything I need to start working out again (broken foot makes that very difficult so I am thinking weights). I may be off my foot for quite sometime if I get foot surgery so I have to figure this one out.

I'm thinking I would like to lose about 15 lbs by summer. Put on a little over Xmas haha. Still got it though.

Cool I'm in. What do we do? More than anything I need to start working out again (broken foot makes that very difficult so I am thinking weights). I may be off my foot for quite sometime if I get foot surgery so I have to figure this one out.

I'm thinking I would like to lose about 15 lbs by summer. Put on a little over Xmas haha. Still got it though.

Great you guys!

Well, what I'm planning on doing is watching my caloric intake while incorporating some exercise.

I used this site before to help determine how many calories I should be eating to be able to lose weight at a steady pace.

link removed

I have my Walk Away the Pounds DVD and my exercise bike ready to go since it's really cold outside right now and I don't want to get a gym membership.

I was thinking that once a week we should log in our progress.

I picked Monday since it's the start of the week. On Monday I will post my starting weight and measurements and then post my weight and measurements every Monday thereafter. I think it would be great motivation if we all post our progress!

That's great rikka with your weight loss thus far! Hopefully you can keep punching forward!

My approach is to up my activity. I have a decently balanced diet and I tend to not over indulge. I have "dieted" before and it never ends up with long term results. I love food WAY too much. But through a combination of healthier eating habits and increased physical activity I think I can do it.

I am cool with a weekly/bi-weekly weigh in/measurement. I know that weight is just a number and it is more about how I feel - but I too get some anxiety over the numbers. I have a bridesmaid dress I am getting fitted in April - I want to have lost inches by then!!!

It is exciting to have a team to do this with. Good luck guys.

My problem is if I don't check myself I will go through periods of just not eating and lose massive amounts of weight. Ehh.. not good to lose it that fast. So I am going for the slow and steady route.

Really? How does that happen? Are you trying to lose or gain I am confused.

SuzyQ2513,

That's ok if you don't want to do actual weigh-ins! Do whatever makes you comfortable and i agree 100% about losing weight nice and slow. Research shows that those who lost weight at a nice slow, but constant pace were more likely to keep the weight off!

rikka,

I hear ya! I love good food way too much to give up on everything that I love. Going to focus on portion control and moderation. I want to be able to eat healthy, but also enjoy a splurge or two along the way.

luminousone,

Wow...I'm really sorry to hear about you having breast cancer last year. Definitely don't want another reoccurence of that. But there's no doubt that if you could make it through something so serious, you can make it thru this weightloss challenge!

Mousty,

That comment by your dad was really rude!! I would be furious!! Do you have the Wii Fit? and if so, is it helpful?? I have a Wii and have wanted the Wii Fit for the longest....Just want to know if it's worth the buy.

samantha20,

I've been hearing so much about this P90 x regime and I heard it's very intense. I'd love to hear your updates along the way with this program. And i hope you feel better soon!

Well, I am very excited about starting tomorrow. Did all my grocery shopping this weekend for the upcoming 2 weeks. I just hope I stick to this better than I have in the past. I really want to change around my life for the new year!

Good luck everyone!!

I'm trying P90X.. I actually completed 2 days and then got a bad cold and cough so I'm waiting to get a bit better and will then re start it. Need to start the ol dieting as well. Sigh..

How do you find it? I see the long list of required gear at the start of the video and just give up.

SuzyQ2513,

Mousty,

That comment by your dad was really rude!! I would be furious!! Do you have the Wii Fit? and if so, is it helpful?? I have a Wii and have wanted the Wii Fit for the longest....Just want to know if it's worth the buy.

Good luck everyone!!

Yeah I do have the wii fit and a bunch of the fitness games (ok all of them... since that's what my bf uses), I also have PS90 and a gym membership with day care... the intention is there... not the time =)

Anyone knowledgeable about the best FREE nutrition tracker (I don't just want calorie count here, but all round healthy nutrition) online? There seems to be so many between fit day, calorie king, sparks people, livestrong etc...

Are they pretty much all the same?

I don't want to lose weight, per se, but I want to get in shape again. This month will be a great time to start. I am, in fact, going to try to stay away from scales all together. I just want to focus on eating reasonably and working out most every day.

Anyone knowledgeable about the best FREE nutrition tracker (I don't just want calorie count here, but all round healthy nutrition) online? There seems to be so many between fit day, calorie king, sparks people, livestrong etc...

Are they pretty much all the same?

I have used fitday, sparkspeople, and link removed

They all pretty much do the same. I do like how caloriecountabout gives you a grade for your nutrition intake. You can check it out and see if you like it.

link removed

I've been pursuing fitness for several years now, but for the first time I am keeping a little notebook of how many hours a week I do physical activity. It's just a reminder of exactly what it takes to keep me happy. The minimum is 3-4 hours a week, but the maximum (which makes me feel like I can fly) is 14-16.

Archived