Thread: Can you be lovers then friends then lovers again?

Can you be lovers then friends then lovers again?

Again, my backstory is out there, but I have had contact with my ex. I know she doesn't want me back, but damn this false hope. She said something about a dawson's Creekanalogy, where two characters reconnected after years.

She is dating someone now, as am I. She hassaid h doesn't mean anything to her, and that they are winding down, but has said this before and she is still dating him. She is heavily forcing the friend card on me. I am all or nothing, but cant seem to get the thought of this woman out of my life as a reality. For 5 years she was my everthing.

She has said my antics to get her back have only pushed her futher away. Thinking that we will never be a romantic couple again makes me so horribly depressed. I owe the new girl in my life 100%, but my love for the ex won't die...so can you be lovers then friends then lovers again?

Thoughts like that are unhealthy for you, her, and your current SO. I think that it may be best for you to take a break from relationships in order to do a little self evaluation. Take some time to find out if you are still in love with the ex or just the idea of her.
    "I have never experienced failure. I have, however, discovered what does not work on many occasions"

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...