Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I never get full. What does this mean?

I can eat and eat and eat nonstop. I'm never full. If I do get full, it's not a my-pants-may-burst-open sort of full. Just a little bit of "ok, I guess I can stop."

I snack constantly. I work in a restaurant so I'm always eating something, like a few fries or some chips. I just left there and ate my manager's steak and another manager's burger that they didn't finish. I then ate a dessert that was available (not all of it...I shared that with someone). My boyfriend got onto me b/c he's making burgers for dinner tonight and I'm supposed to go to his house soon for dinner. I told him no worries, I'll still eat. I put back so much food but it doesn't really go anywhere on me. I'm curvy in my butt, thighs, and hips but no where else really. Is it a metabolism thng?

What's wrong with me? I've always been like this.
    I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

Spay and neuter your pets! Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die!

I notice I tend to eat more in the winter than the summer. Are you eating several small meals per day? From what it sounds you can throw down when it comes to food.
    Sabrina don't stare at it, eat it!- Patrick Bateman

I snack mostly. If I do eat a meal, it's followed later by some snacking. I do tend to eat more in the colder months, though. Maybe that's what I'm going through? But I am like this in the summer months too, whcih is why it's confusing.

My typical eating patterns each day:
    -Wake up, wait about an hour if possible to eat. I don't like to eat when I first wake up in the morning b/c it can hurt my stomach (dairy especially). Will eat cereal if I've been able to wait enough time. If not, I'll eat toast or something.
    -Snack after a little while. Usually just something to grab at home, like a handful of something. Not chips or anything. Just anything around.
    -At work, will snack on chips and fries throughout the shift.
    -Eat as much as I can when I get home. Usually a "meal" of some sort. Since I hate cooking, usually just some chicken from the GF grill with BBQ sauce or some mac and cheese or something. Whatever I feel like making.
    -Snack later...crackers, Ramen, whatever.
    -If I've had a nap at any time of the day, I MUST eat when I first get up. If I don't, I'll be miserable and cranky, like my nap wasn;t finished. It's weird. I'll eat anything I can, even just a bite of something. Usually cereal or something.

So mostly snack stuff. Eat a lot of fast food (about 3x a week). Dine out at restaurants a lot...about 2x a week. Able to eat a lot of stuff (meals even) at my restaurant job also.

So a lot of my food is processed, preservative-full, high-carb, high-fat sort of stuff too. Does this mean anything?
    I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

Spay and neuter your pets! Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die!

Silver Member
    Hmm as long as you don't look like Orca the whale, whats the issue?
    Many WISH they could eat like that with no repercussions...I too am curvy, so thankfully I "gain " in the right spots, but still...I try to watch what I eat. Ironically though it seems like I gain weight MORE when I'm on a "diet", so I think I actually sabotage my efforts...by eating the WRONG things. Ugh..MY New Years resolutions include getting healthier and working out more often. Go figure..lol

You eat very little compared to me LOL

I think the problem is what you're eating. Foods with protein and fiber keep you full, and the foods you're eating throughout the day are mostly empty carbs and high fat. So they provide a momentary satisfaction, but they aren't filling you up. Every time you eat, it should be a mix of protein, carb and fat. Healthy fats though.

Another factor is that you seem to do a lot of quick eating and eating on the go. It's "mindless" eating, which I do too. If you don't think about what you're eating, you're likely to eat more. That's why a lot of people recommend not eating in front of the TV and putting the fork down after each bite. I'm not saying I do that, just saying what I've heard haha.
    Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.
    ~Salvador Dali~

"If you can't trust, then you can't be trusted" -Ben Folds

Well sounds like you enjoy eating which isn't bad but I suggest cutting back on the carbs. Key is consume what you are going to use. Eating a large meal might sound good and taste good but if your body isn't going to burn it up then its going to areas you don't want it to go. During the winter months your body burns more calories in order to keep your body warm. Keep in mind it takes awhile for body to adjust to your new eating habit. I say give it a month. Hope that helps.
    Sabrina don't stare at it, eat it!- Patrick Bateman

Gold Member
    Your stomach muscle expands and contracts based on how much you eat. Chances are, you eat so much that your stomach finds it very hard to be full cos it is used to constantly being ''topped up'' with snacks.

Slowly cutting down on how much you eat per day will counter this and you will eventually learn when to stop eating and get that full feeling again. Remember, the natural size of your stomach is only the size of your fist, and you should eat accordingly. Only eat when hungry.
    Advice given :

Tips on healing after breakup - http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235499

Very important tip!! - http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242482

Advice needed :
    http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310434

*~USE THE REP SYSTEM!~*

Platinum Member renaissancewoman101's Avatar
    You might not be gaining weight because you are still in your twenties. If you keep your food habits like that, when you get into your thirties, the pounds will show up. That is what happened to me.After I got in my mid-thirties, I started to pack on the weight because my eating habits are not all that healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by hersmudders View Post
    I can eat and eat and eat nonstop. I'm never full. If I do get full, it's not a my-pants-may-burst-open sort of full. Just a little bit of "ok, I guess I can stop."

I snack constantly. I work in a restaurant so I'm always eating something, like a few fries or some chips. I just left there and ate my manager's steak and another manager's burger that they didn't finish. I then ate a dessert that was available (not all of it...I shared that with someone). My boyfriend got onto me b/c he's making burgers for dinner tonight and I'm supposed to go to his house soon for dinner. I told him no worries, I'll still eat. I put back so much food but it doesn't really go anywhere on me. I'm curvy in my butt, thighs, and hips but no where else really. Is it a metabolism thng?

What's wrong with me? I've always been like this.

You know before I started my strict diet I was probably snacking much more than you. You could say I was even bridging meals in between and sometimes eating as much as 7times perday. My DNA is designed like those who can tip the scale at 500lbs, I will sit down and keep snacking even when I'm not hungry so I have be on top of what I eat constantly but since changing my diet it has made life much easer for me to keep things under control.

It could be something in your DNA is what I'm guessing. Do you gain any weight at all?. do you eat a lot but don't gain a pound? It could be a number of things, hormones, age, ext...ext....
    Formerly known as Madoc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...