Vivid Dreams.

Hey all.

So, I've been having really vivid dreams lately. They feel so realistic, it's ridiculous. Last night I dreamt I were somewhere I've never been before, and it's snowing a lot. I told myself to fly, and I flew... But I kept flying higher and I got scared. LOL!

Just a few questions:

1. Does anyone have vivid dreams?
  2. Can you "control" your dreams the way you want? Please give me some tips!
  3. Could this be a side effect of the anti-depressants I'm currently taking?

Kay thanks!

Could this be a side effect of the anti-depressants I'm currently taking?

This is very common.

Each time I've been on anti-depressants I've had very vivid dreams. Some were of the epic variety and others were very frightening/violent. I don't know what you're taking, but Prozac was the worst for me. I had to go off it because I used to have horrifying nightmares about hacking up my friends and family. Definitely not something I used to think about when I was awake.

I used to have very vivid dreams. They're probably not ENA-appropriate lol but they were quite vivid and enjoyable. It seems like the great dreams such as those, and the scary ones seem to be the most vivid for me. Sometimes in my scary dreams, I can change them. Sometimes not. I'd imagine that the lighter you're sleeping, and the closer you are to waking up (the more conscious you are), the more ability you have to change the dream. Just a thought. I really have no idea lol

Edit: Come to think of it, I used to have very vivid dreams, and I have stopped taking my anti depressants since then. I never made the connection, but there might very well be one.

I was on lexapro for almost a year..and I had ridiculously vivid dreams..

I would wake up panting and in cold sweats..

my boyfriend said I would be moving my arms and legs rapidly like I was running..or screaming in my sleep and waking everyone in the house up.

I'm glad I stopped it.

Oh God, that's sounds terrible.

The first week I took the anti-depressants, I literally felt my body jolt up and out of the bed. It was soo scary, ha ha!

Maybe I should keep a dream journal and record them and see what they all mean...

I used to have very vivid dreams. They're probably not ENA-appropriate lol but they were quite vivid and enjoyable. It seems like the great dreams such as those, and the scary ones seem to be the most vivid for me. Sometimes in my scary dreams, I can change them. Sometimes not. I'd imagine that the lighter you're sleeping, and the closer you are to waking up (the more conscious you are), the more ability you have to change the dream. Just a thought. I really have no idea lol

... You had sexy dreams? OMG!

HAHA, I forgot to mention the sex dreams.

I used to have orgasms in my sleep on Lexapro.

... You had sexy dreams? OMG!

Hells yeah! Not quite as often as I'd like lol because it's almost always with celebrities, and soo vivid that it's like the real thing. I can remember on two occasions where I woke up having an orgasm. Pretty intense lol the only difference between that and real life is that I can't cum from sex in real life....so bring on the dreams! lol

Hells yeah! Not quite as often as I'd like lol because it's almost always with celebrities, and soo vivid that it's like the real thing. I can remember on two occasions where I woke up having an orgasm. Pretty intense lol the only difference between that and real life is that I can't cum from sex in real life....so bring on the dreams! lol

*Is super duper jealous of Southern*

*Is super duper jealous of Southern*

lol nah, like I said, I haven't had vivid dreams in a long time, because I stopped taking my medication a couple of years ago. And the orgasm only happened twice. If it was nightly, then yes--be very very super duper jealous of Southern lol but it's probably something I'll never experience again.

lol nah, like I said, I haven't had vivid dreams in a long time, because I stopped taking my medication a couple of years ago. And the orgasm only happened twice. If it was nightly, then yes--be very very super duper jealous of Southern lol but it's probably something I'll never experience again.

Oh yeah, I understand... I mean, who exactly in your dreams did you make sexy-sexy with?

If you say Brad Pitt, I'm going to scream lol!

The problem was that it was almost impossible to have one while I was awake. It would take over an hour when it normally takes under 5 minutes without medication.

That is odd... There are a lot of medications designed to help women reach their orgasms faster. I can't believe anti-depressants could actually help you with that.

Then again... You can't have orgasms when you're depressed, haha.

That is odd... There are a lot of medications designed to help women reach their orgasms faster. I can't believe anti-depressants could actually help you with that.

Then again... You can't have orgasms when you're depressed, haha.

No, I mean it was much harder to have one on anti-depressants while I was awake. Sleeping was a different matter.

I have no trouble when I'm medication-free.

It's probably the medication. When I was on the nicotine patch I had crazy dreams, at first it was like watching a movie every night and it was kind of enjoyable. The longer I was on the patch though, the more ominous and violent the dreams became and it was very frightening. Another poster used the term "epic" to describe their dreams and that's what mine were like. They would be like historical dramas about the Spanish Inquisition or the wild west and people being impaled, boiled in oil and beheaded. creepy.

Vivid Dreams?

I get them after drinking alot of coke before I go to bed.

Like last night.

I was actually going to look to seeif there was athread on weird dreams....

For some reason the Beatles were singing Hey Jude, everything was in black and white.

You know the bit where they say better....better....bertter....BETTER!!!

Well John decided to go all crazy at that part and wouldn't stop saying BETTER BETTER!!! screaming at the top of his lungs.

All the other Beatles were looking at him as if to say What the ****?

Then I woke up.

Vivid Dreams?

I get them after drinking alot of coke before I go to bed.

Like last night.

I was actually going to look to seeif there was athread on weird dreams....

For some reason the Beatles were singing Hey Jude, everything was in black and white.

You know the bit where they say better....better....bertter....BETTER!!!

Well John decided to go all crazy at that part and wouldn't stop saying BETTER BETTER!!! screaming at the top of his lungs.

All the other Beatles were looking at him as if to say What the ****?

Then I woke up.

All that from the Coke soda? That's actually pretty awesome!

Yeah thing is I nly noticed something was wrong when John started to go mad.

Thats probably why I woke up.

One too many tabs for Johnny!

True that!

I actually remembered another vivid dream I had two nights ago... I was driving down the road to go home. Again, very vivid dream. But on both sides of the street, there was A LOT of bike gang members. They all looked pretty scary.

I wonder what that means.

Does anyone have vivid dreams?

I don't usually have dreams, they are usually nightmares. LOL! Sucks, huh?! I have had some vivid ones though...

Can you "control" your dreams the way you want? Please give me some tips!

My dreams are usually triggered from the smallest details of my day. I once had a dream of me leaving my house and walking outside to a lonely, empty world. A lot like the movies about world destruction and the extinction of humanity. The dream started in my kitchen when I put a butter knife away that was sitting on the counter. I had done the same thing earlier that day. I dont know how the lonely world came into all this, but the butter knife thing was deja vu.

Could this be a side effect of the anti-depressants I'm currently taking?

I was going to ask if you were a regular Marijuana user since usually when I sleep right away after smoking, I tend to have vivid dreams. But yes your anti-depressants are probably the cause of your vivid dreams. Sleeping pills such as Tylenol PM make me have vivid dreams as well.

Archived