Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kissing best friend on the lips.

Silver Member dont_know_what_2_say's Avatar

kissing best friend on the lips.

who here has friends (of the opposite sex), that they kiss on the lips as a hello? (no tongue)

would you be ok with someone you are dating to do this?
    -A minute of sadness is a minute you will never get back...
    -strive to be happy-

No, and no....except for my gay guy friends.

...why is this posted in Netherlands?
    JenSocietyOfSloreMaking!

Is this some kind of a joke, will someone wake me up soon? Tell me this was just a game we played called life...

Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    Nope, can't imagine that. I only ever kiss my boyfriend and my grandmother.

When I was younger, I went through a phase where I was kissing everyone on the lips hello and goodbye. And then I wondered why my girlfriend always acted so jealous..... <scratching head>

These days, I know a few women who kiss me hello on the lips, but it doesn't seem so normal, and I'm not as comfortable with it as I once was because it's so easy to blur a friend/romance line sometimes. Take it from someone who has slept with many of his female friends over the years. The best policy is a hug IMHO.

ummm...nope! cheek maybe, but not the lips...
    Life is too short to be unhappy.

Perform an Act of Random Kindness everyday.

Some people can have all the lights on and still be in the dark.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~Lao Tzu

I wrote Netherlands, because the guy I'm talking to is from there, and he just told me about this yesterday.
    I was pretty shocked and I found it a deal-breaker.

Just wanted to see what other people thought about it, and if I was just overreacting.
    -strive to be happy-

No, the closest thing I have to that is two of my female friends kiss each others cheeks in greeting.
    I honestly couldn't say I would be comfortable with my partner going around doing that so nonchalantly. Tell him/her how you feel about it.
    There are only two things in life worth living for; cuddling, and cinnamon toast.

I did, and he thought i was overreacting.

I guess it has to do with cultural differences. He said he wouldn't do it if he was with me, in a serious relationship. But I would still feel awkward whenever I was around his best friends, because I'd know they used to lip kiss all the time etc.

He's cute and sweet and nice, but I guess that's over... can't look past that.

and this is aside from the fact I think men and women can't really be friends...
    -strive to be happy-

Quote Originally Posted by dont_know_what_2_say View Post
    I wrote Netherlands, because the guy I'm talking to is from there, and he just told me about this yesterday.
    I was pretty shocked and I found it a deal-breaker.

Just wanted to see what other people thought about it, and if I was just overreacting.
    I'm not sure of the customs there and if this is widely accepted or not. A french girl that a buddy of mine dated always kissed everyone because she was raised in an environment where that wasn't out of the ordinary.

Dating people from another cultural upbringing can be difficult due to little things like this, its best to get all the info and try to see things from all angles. Talk to him and let him know how you feel, if he doesn't understand and its still a deal breaker then move on.
    "I may be drunk miss....but in the morning I'll be sober, and you'll still be ugly" ~ Winston Churchill

I've done that. Only with good friends and a quick peck type of kiss, nothing romantic. I think it's sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...