Should i ignore him? mind games?

quiddy

i really like this guy and he knows it. I usually start conversations with him, try to spend time with him and text him. He knows i like him, he is confident and thinks he is pretty cool. There were days when he didnt reply to my texts too. So one day i got pissed off and just backed off. i avoided him for the whole day, he kept coming to me asking "what's up"? he kept coming and teasing me and hugging me. At the end of the nite i went home without saying good nite as always. Abt 20 min later he sent me a text asking if im ok cos i didnt say good nite and he was worried. Why is he like this? when i talk to him he doesnt care and he ignores me? when i am avoiding him and ignoring him he wonders if there is sth wrong? does he like the attention or not?

If a guy knows it's in the bag, he knows he doesn't have to work for it. Where's the challenge in that. If a mouse walks up to a cat and lays down at it's paws the cat won't want anything to do with it. But if it runs away... the predatorial chase response kicks in. The messed up thing with that is he may not even like you, but the attention feels good. Remember in school when someone you would never date liked you... it felt good even if you wouldn't admit it, and when they stopped you were like hey wait a minute. Not that you would have ever dated them. Not saying for sure that he doesn't like you, just that he's being immature. You don't need it. Move on.

The messed up thing with that is he may not even like you, but the attention feels good. Remember in school when someone you would never date liked you... it felt good even if you wouldn't admit it, and when they stopped you were like hey wait a minute. Not that you would have ever dated them. Not saying for sure that he doesn't like you, just that he's being immature. You don't need it. Move on.

This is a really good point, and I've had the same sort of thing happen before. The guy didn't even like me, but when I stopped paying attention to him, he was right there wondering where I was, wanting to talk... so I would, then *poof* he vanishes again.

This guy sounds rather egotistical in my opinion. He likes the attention more than you I believe. You don't need someone playing that kind of game, especially when the game is only for their own gratification.

before i started liking this guy he liked me cos he told other ppl. Then we spent some time together and he said that he saw me and he really liked me and was hoping i would like him too. So i know he likes me- he finds me attractive. the point is that he is just trying to play some stupid games with me. I think that maybe we could even try being together if his behaviour was different cos that is what happens when ppl like each other but he is acting weird. Sometimes i talk to him and he doesnt even put his cell phone away while texting so he doesnt hear what i say. sometimes he goes and sits with other ppl at the end of the night ignoring me completely but when i dont pay attention to him he starts being worried and stares at me looking lost. I think i should just ignore him from now on and it will be better for me

So... if you think he's playing mind games (and even if he's not intentionally) and you don't like it, call him out on it. Don't waste your time with this confusion. If he's asking you what's wrong, don't be sly about it, don't ignore him, tell him what you actually feel. Just my opinion, but it's what I would do.

Archived