My life feels so unfulfilled, I am way too unhappy!

xmrth

I feel like my whole life passed me by, I'm 24 and I feel so old. I feel like everything I do from this point on is useless. Like for example, why take care of my skin if I'll just get wrinkles in 30 years or something? Its not about skin, but its like, why bother doing anything if it all goes away or dies or ends? I think that's the worst way to think but that's how I've been thinking since I turned 24 some months back.

I think I just really feel like I haven't lived, I still live at home and that's a huge reason why. But I can't afford to move out yet. However, I have definite plans of moving out in the fall next year with my boyfriend.

And I've always said to myself things will be so much better when I have my own place, I'll be able to have people over and be out late without my mother waiting up (yes). I just stopped bothering when I realized that's how it would be. This and that, but will I even want to do that when the time finally comes?

Another thing is I am such a home body and I hate that. I go to work and I come home and all I want to do is stay home and relax while other people I know all go out a few weeknights. And on weekends I really just want a quiet weekend to go get my shopping done and see my boyfriend, its only 2 days off.. so I never like to make super elaborate plans.

I don't know what to do, I feel like I'm just barely understanding what my problem is but I am feeling SO unfulfilled and just completely not happy...

I definitely keep waiting for it to get better, like I'm waiting for the day (whenever that is, I honestly don't know when that could be nowadays) and for right now I'm just forcing the days to pass me by until I get there. I'm totally wasting my life!!

OP - you are like me. Im a homebody as well - mainly though because on a friday night, i like to relax, take the dog for a walk, watch dvds etc. However, one thing I realised is that you dont have to waste your life, if you look at all your positives. What are your positive traits?

Happiness and fulfillment comes from within. So dont wait till tomorrow.....be grateful for what you got today, be appreciative of your loved ones, be happy that you are here right now. Do things that you love to do, things that enjoy - things that get a rush out of you

hope this helps

Two things. First, you're focusing on such finite things. the measure of success is relative. Success to me, is not necessarily success to you. Wasting your life is again..relative. Maybe you should look at whose scale you're looking out.

If you feel this sadness in your current situation, chances are you'll feel it when things change. You're trying to put a name to a bigger problem. Living at home is a very finite problem. Look inside...see what's really making you happy(though it's easy to say your current situation) If you still think it's the current situation after some soul searching..maybe its best to expedite your moving. Food for thought.

Yes there is a pointlessness to it all, but it's up to us to find joy, peace, and happiness within that pointlessness. So you're a homebody and your friends aren't. If were living alone you might be more apt to go out because it does get lonely being home alone all the time.

What's preventing you from moving out on your own? You could get a roommate if finances are tight. Craigslist is a good place to start. Nothing in life is ever perfect or goes exactly how we plan though so even when you are on your own it's not going to be as glamorous as you may expect, or it might even be better than you imagined.

I know for me I was happiest when I lived alone and had shared cutody of my children. I had my first at age 20 so there wasn't much alone time. Sadly that time didn't last, but there's always hope.

Archived