Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Laying Around the house make you Tired?

Does Laying Around the house make you Tired?

So I have recently been called a calm personality, very "chill". I am indeed. I am the type if i have the day off work, i Will just lay around inside most of the day....Im 23. I kind of grew up in this enviorment, and my brother is this way too, there is also some depression in the family too. So I think my behavior I have picked this habit up and kept it up, and it has shaped me in some ways, like being so calm. Althought on the contrary I can get very socially anxious. Anyway
    I have been laying around today since i woke up and its now 2 oclock daytime, I feel foggy, slow, and out of it.......Is this very laying around all day.....DO you get tired if you lay around? I feel like my days like this are ended up added to my lack or energy and depression...help?

Laying around with no exercise or activity slows your metabolism down, slows your brain functioning down, it pretty much slows everything down. I bet if you got up right now, threw on your sneakers and went for a fast brisk walk for 30 minutes, you'd have a ton of energy when you got back. Being active stimulates us and gives us more energy.

Ask yourself....Do you consume moderate amounts of alcohol or smoke pot? Both?Keep late hours? All of the above? Depression certainly can add to all of the symptoms you described. Again, not trying to put you down but you have to be honest with yourself. You certainly don't want to do this your whole life. You're good at something, we all are. Find it and do it when you feel like just laying around.

I don't drink or do drugs. I used to to, but i havent done a drug in over a year...and havent drank in about 50 days. My bowels havent always been the best, and constipation is something i battle.....lately i have had thin stools and i hear that can be a problem, so that just makes me wonder.

Oh absolutely especially watching a movie or sitting in front of a computer. We go for a walk on any day that's nice outside and makes a huge difference

Silver Member
    Yep, laying around does make me tired. I love napping, but if I nap too long I'm totally gone for the rest of the day.

Get up, go on a walk, you won't feel so tired.

In addition, having irregular and passive days can make you more foggy. When I was still in uni I'd have strange schedules, mixed with depression I'd have passive days and insomniac nights. Life got a lot better once I started working (8:30 AM - 7 PM). Still tired, but since I get up every day at 7, go out to uni for work, I've been feeling better.
    To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
    ~~Bertrand Russell~~

Our little girl will become a big sister in June '12!

9. 10-22-2009, 04:16 PM

Bronze Member
    I was typically an indoors person myself but in recent years I've forced myself out more. Life is too short to spend all your free time at home. I spend an hour at the gym almost every morning now and it makes a huge difference in my life. Getting out early and working out gives me energy for the rest of the day and helps greatly with other things too. Getting in shape and feeling better about yourself can also help with the social anxiety. In the past if I slept for 12 hours or even longer, my day was pretty much toast. No energy.

I always have less energy when I do nothing.

If I lounge around all weekend..i'm pretty much useless Monday morning.

yes I have been lying around a lot lately. I kind of like it though. It is a temporary thing though as I will have to get a job eventually. When I get restless I go for a walk and that wakes me up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...