Do you think wearing tight clothes mean confidence?

bertdru

I was just thinking - do you think that this displays the confidence of the woman? There is this real skinny girl where I work. She is very fashionable and she wears quite tight clothes. But honestly there is nothing there She has nothing to display basically.

But I feel like she has so much confidence because otherwise she wouldn't wear such tight clothes, right? Like she doesn't care about how she looks. She likes the way she looks. That kind of thing.

So do you think it shows confidence? Or can such women also have insecurities?

I am more likely to wear tight clothing than show very much skin. I like it, it makes me feel secure in the sense that no matter which way I move, my clothing stays with me. I do think it takes a little confidence to display one's figure, but overall I don't think any conclusions can be drawn.

It can mean that they want attention, even if it's negative attention -- might have nothing to do with confidence. I went through my phases of tight clothes - sometimes because of the trends, sometimes because of what I was in the mood to wear, etc - but I think clothes that fit just right - not too tight or too loose - are the most flattering on everyone.

Some women wear tight clothes because they are self-confident while others wear tight clothes because they are very insecure and need validation from others in order to feel good. I knew someone who was really really emotionally messed up..very insecure...she was very skinny and always wore really tight clothing because it got her noticed by men..then she would pretend to get annoyed by being noticed by men but that was just an act. She was lapping up the attention. You really need to look at the overall person to see how they carry themselves in general. Self-confidence is much more than dressing in tight clothes, dressing provocatively or exuding sexuality/sensuality. It takes much more than just being able to show off your body to be self-confident and self-assured.

If she is wearing tight clothes because she has something to prove, then she is insecure. If she wears them because she likes them and think she looks good, then it is confidence.

And confident girls are really hot. Even if you don't have a perfect body, if you are comfortable in your own skin, then it comes off as really attractive. You would even be more attractive than someone who has a better body but low self esteem.

MCA, I thought tight jeans went out with the eighties??? LOL

I think it depends upon the type of clothing. I like clothes fit to my shape....tailored clothes. But I dont wear tight as in revealing what I have, or havnt got. I wear what suits me.

I dont think women have to a huge cleavage or butt to wear tight clothes. In fact tighter clothes look better on those who are lesser blessed in the cleavage, butt area....IMO anyway.

I tend to wear tight clothing all the time, but I still have insecurities issues. I think it's a matter of what makes you feel comfortable on you. Sure, you can feel more confident in certain clothes, but you can still have other insecurities within you.

I think it really depends on the person. You can't gauge anything by just the clothes themselves. I've seen women who are really insecure wear tight clothes because it makes them feel good to have attention; other women who have this "look at me!" mentality no matter how they feel about themselves, and still others who are so confident that they think if they got it, they better flaunt it.

No. I think quite the opposite. I think it shows low confidence and self esteem.

It really depends person to person. But rarely do I see a woman wearing tight clothing that appears confident to me. More like she wants attention and validation.

I guess the rules must be different for women then for men. I'm overweight and I don't wear tight clothing because of my low self esteem.

I always figured if you liked the way you looked and wanted to show it off, you had high self esteem. After all, isn't that what high self esteem is...having a good body image?

Women are so confusing.

I guess the rules must be different for women then for men. I'm overweight and I don't wear tight clothing because of my low self esteem.

I always figured if you liked the way you looked and wanted to show it off, you had high self esteem. After all, isn't that what high self esteem is...having a good body image?

Women are so confusing.

Yes, having good body image. Yourself. You view your body with high esteem.

However, needing to show that body off to others...you're most likely looking for attention or validation.

Sometimes people do it out of confidence. But it is almost always out of insecurity.

Yes, having good body image. Yourself. You view your body with high esteem.

However, needing to show that body off to others...you're most likely looking for attention or validation.

Sometimes people do it out of confidence. But it is almost always out of insecurity.

If I had a hot body, I'd want to show it off.

Once again, girls are so confusing.

I'm quite thin, and personally I wear tight clothes because I think loose clothing looks ridiculous on me. I never saw tight clothes as a confidence thing but more of an improving my look thing.

I'm trying to picture a girl who has "nothing to display" but I can't. You mean flat as a board? Honestly if she is this thin I don't see how she finds clothes small enough to be tight on her. It can be a struggle for me and I'm a B cup with some curves.

I don't know if it means confidence per se, I never thought of it that way. But when I see people wearing clothes two sizes too small (and boy do I see them around) the first thing that comes to my mind is "self-delusion".

Nobody likes the girl that looks like a burst sausage.

Lol, I've seen that all too often. If a girl puts on clothing yet flesh hangs off the edges and whatnot, I think.."Wow, who taught her how to dress?!" I wear tight fitting clothing and loose fitting clothing depending on the outfit I'm shooting for in my mind and what I think looks good on me. I'm not out to show off the goods, I just know what looks good on me and wear it. I'm not going to go wear baggy clothes or other clothes I find unattractive to me or on me just because another person thinks I'm insecure.

I find that women who wear these 'tight clothes' and are extra flirty around men and act unlike themselves or that they're trying too hard, that they are in fact, insecure and need validation. A confident woman can wear what she likes and thinks looks good and not have to go out and seek that approval from the opposite sex. Though if somebody is wearing clothing they can barely squeeze into (such as a couple or more sizes too small), there's a problem.

Archived