Is he trying to tell me something?

SayWhen

I'm incredibly tired right now, so bear with me.

Today after getting home from work my boyfriend and I were lying in bed, getting ready to take a nap. He had been studying until 3AM the previous night which led to me being up the whole night (we live in a studio apartment so the lights kept me up, and by the time he went to bed at 3AM I was stressed out from simply trying to fall asleep for four hours...so I was feeling pretty sick). Anyway, he was talking about how he felt bad for keeping me up and sort of jokingly said something about moving out. It very much sounded like he was saying it in jest. Then I asked him flat out "Do you want to move out?" And he said "No." So I left it at that. Then, around 7PM he went to go visit his friend and said "I'll be home by 10PM so we can go to sleep early." Well, come 10PM he calls and says he will be late. I texted him a few minutes ago asking what's up...when can I expect him...etc. He said he will be leaving "soon." His definition of soon can be anything so I said "It'd be nice if you were home by midnight"...well, no response. Is he acting out? What is this? Of course it is seriously NOT appreciated by me at this point because I am very sleep deprived and I have work tomorrow. I work at a tough job as a teaching assistant in a very run-down inner-city school so I need to have my sleep. I feel like he picked the worst night to gallivant...maybe he wants me to get fed up with him?

...I am probably reading into this WAY too much because of my serious sleep deprivation. BTW, I would go to sleep but seeing as how I have no clue when he will be home, I am worried about him/can't sleep. I just love it when I'm not kept in the loop...:splat:

I agree with TheSmilingTurnip (gosh, it feels silly to say that!)

You're tired, and probably crankier than you would be otherwise.

For all you know, he's still studying, or maybe in his state of exhaustion has crashed out on his friend's sofa.

It might be annoying, but I don't think you should be reading too much into it.

Take this as an opportunity to turn out all the lights and hog the bed.

I think he should be able to have a friendly visit with his friend that lasts as long as he wants it to. We all need our personal time as individual people - nothing remotely to get steamed over IMHO.

As others have said, just go to sleep - no reason you cannot. Hopefully he will do his best to be very quiet when he comes in.

Yes, being way overly tired can skew perceptions as well. I'd cuddle with him when he crawls into bed (i.e. meaning no negative energy) & just have the idea that "tomorrow is a new day".

You may want to look at whether you feel insecure in any areas of the relationship at this time as well also, as his "moving out" joke seemed to have stuck with you.

Archived