Gray hair - is it bad?

bertdru

So as you all know, I am quite pathetic and ugly and I am overqualified for my job. But to make things worse now I have some strands of gray hair(I am 25). My mother has got quite worried about this. Is it really terrible? I am already depressed and this one extra aspect is really pissing me off. I guess this rules out women in my age group. Should I dye my hair or something? Does this instantly turn off women?

First of all, don't be so hard on yourself! All it takes is a little confidence to make someone a million times more attractive.

Gray hair wouldn't be too much of a concern to me. I've always thought Jon Stewart is one of the hottest men alive and he's got a full head of gray hair. I definitely wouldn't suggest you go out and dye all of your hair because of a few gray strands. Don't worry about it at all!

you could dye it, i find gray hair and mixed gray/black real sexy and im 24. I found one strand of gray hair the other day and freaked out. I was like omg am I going to lose hair next? But I talked to my father and he told me my mother had gray hair in high school at the age of 16 and its genetic. Not that im getting old but some people grow gray hair at really young ages. It looks sexy on men and anyways you could always dye it if you dont like it. Dont worry about it..

Gray hair isn't a turnoff, but low self-esteem and lack of confidence is.

Sunflour makes a good point. Embrace your gray hair! Personally I find it very attractive. I know a few men who were gray in their 20's and have since married

Why is your mother so worried? There are some real things to worry about in this world, gray hair isn't one of them

Gray hair isn't a turnoff, but low self-esteem and lack of confidence is.

Absolutly, that and the fact that you say "mother has my worried". Talking about your mom too often may make women think you're a mama's boy. No girls like that. And it sounds rather mama's boy-ish when you call her mother too rather than saying "my mom" or somthing like that. Just keep that in mind. Show women that you are storng, confident, and INDEPENDENT. That will overshine any looks issues. And remember, I know it's hard for men to understand, but for women, looks really aren't that important. It's your personality that will win over the women- as long as you don't let your depression get in the way.

I'm 26, female, and have some gray hairs...They're noticeable whenever my hair is pulled back or when I run my hand through my hair. I've been told by multiple guys that it's sexy. SO, if I can get away with it, you definitely can! No one worth having is going to reject you solely on the basis of gray hair.

So as you all know, I am quite pathetic and ugly and I am overqualified for my job. But to make things worse now I have some strands of gray hair(I am 25). My mother has got quite worried about this. Is it really terrible? I am already depressed and this one extra aspect is really pissing me off. I guess this rules out women in my age group. Should I dye my hair or something? Does this instantly turn off women?

Grey hair is really the absolute last thing you should be worried about. Your self-description, on the other hand, should be causing you great concern. And why is your mother worried about this, exactly?

I've had grey hairs since I was in college. I dye it because I'm incredibly vain, but sometimes I let it go for a while and I always get someone telling me I should leave it grey because it looks good. Go figure. I imagine it's less of an issue for men because they don't have that whole stigma attached to aging.

The good thing about going gray early is that after that people will always think you're the same age. Just ask Steve Martin

lol. That's awesome.

It has amazed me actually when I am out with my bro who is in his 20s and has had the salt and pepper thing going for a while now. Amazed me how many women come up to him specifically to comment on his hair! Apparently a lot of women (all ages) find it quite appealing.

I'm 25, and I have strands of grey/white hair. I started high lighting my hair. Before I use to just pull them out, but what's the point.

I see nothing wrong with a guy getting grey and white hair. In fact, I kinda like it. One of the sexiest guys ever to me, is Anderson Cooper. My silver fox!

Archived