Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Do girls approach guys they like/find attractive?

Girls, do you ever approach a guy you find attractive at a bar and start talking to him or do you always want the guy to come to you?

I just got out of a five year relationship. I have always been really shy when it comes to women. I think I am good looking and attractive and people have told me so, but I think that only goes so far and that you also need to have a good personality and be able to talk to women.

I notice when I am out at bars with friends, women never approach me, and yet I will always see friends of mine, who aren't necessarily attractive, chatting up attractive women. I always feel rejected and feel like no one would be interested in me.

So do women approach men that they are interested in or is that still the guy's work? And as for signals of if a girl was interested, I would have no clue. I guess I just need to be more confident.

Silver Member
    I would never approach a guy as i am to shy, but i know with my friends if they seen an interesting guy they would always approach them. Be yourself, make eye contact with girls and smile. Give out the signals that you are confident. I was told by a guy friend that if he noticed a group of girls and they were not talking to each other and scanning the room that he would run the other way, as if nearly like desperation. So just be happy, confident and smile.

I like guys who are confident enough to approach me. it's very attractive. (:
    once you've approached me, if I like you I would be friendly. if not I would look like I'm about to go somewhere anytime.

I don't approach guys I like because--I don't like guys based on appearance! so you'd have to approach me for me to get to know you, and possibly like you.

I've always approached men I thought attractive. They always like it. I got my current bf that way. I've been approached often, also, so it's not that I always have to make the first move. I am a brave, outgoing, person. Why not go after what I want? I've never had a male take it badly at all!

I mean it happens I've been approached a good deal of times, but you still have to take the initiative and approach the women you want to talk to. I'd say the secret is just be yourself and have fun. If you are hanging out with your friends, laughing, smiling you are in a good position to attract some attention.

I've never approached anyone outside of a workplace or school type environment that I can remember. I also have a very particular look I am attracted to physically, so I rarely see a total stranger I have interest in just for that alone (which would inspire me to approach him). I usually date people I've come to know.

I consider myself pretty shy when it comes to approaching people who I consider attractive. In bars, it's usually the guy who initiates coming over and starting a conversation. If I see someone who I consider attractive, I smile and make a little bit of eye contact.

I very rarely find strangers to be attractive enough for me to have any interest in them but I get along with guys well enough generally that I have no problem just talking to them. Don't know if you would call that "approaching" them, but if things went well it could go from there.

Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    9 times out of 10, I won't make a move.

A) cause I'm not approaching a stranger in a bar. Most of my relationships started off as being introduced by a friend.

B) I like the ego boost.

There have been a few times I've approached guys but most of them were just me having fun.
    If you like Dota, PM me for my steamID

People are my religion and I believe in them.
    I have faith in my fellow man and I only hope that he has faith in me
    - Andrew Jackson Jihad

Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise is perfect light
    For I know the stars too fondly to be frightened of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by You and Me View Post
    I notice when I am out at bars with friends, women never approach me, and yet I will always see friends of mine, who aren't necessarily attractive, chatting up attractive women. I always feel rejected and feel like no one would be interested in me.
    You're at bars. Women are seldom worth getting to know there. Try other places.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...