Five Negative Qualities about yourself.

Creative

Butterfly~Wrists started a thread on "Five Positive qualities about yourself"

I'm going to mirror it and substitute it with the word "negative" as we also need to face the negative aspect of ourselves and perhaps have a target to where we still need to improve on.

I hope you guys can create something from within you to be your 5 top priorities without peeking at what others wrote.

I'll start first:

1) Tendency to procrastinate

2) Not very welcoming to guests

3) Sometimes a desire to one-up others

4) Consumed by my hormone when it surges.

5) Break promise with myself when I make plans to complete something by so and so hour/day/month/year

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know that I would call them negatives, but apparently others do, so:

1. Procrastination.

2. I'm too free-spirited.

3. I can't cook, nor do I want to learn how to.

4. I'm very restless.

5. I'm too open. An open-book. I say whatever I wanna say, and don't really care if it offends anyone.

I overanalyze everything...everything!

I tend to be fairly moody a lot of the time.

I'm a terrible procrastinator.

In certain situations I can be a little too impatient.

I don't adapt well to any kind of change.

Woo! Feels good to get that off my chest. Now, let the "personal growth" begin. Haha.

You only get those feelings when they've been your hidden secrets for a long time. It hurts me when I posted mine.

Yes, this is probably true, because I try and ignore those qualities about myself rather than work on them. One of mine did hurt, though, but made me want to change it even more.

1. Procrastination. Definitely my worst quality.

2. lack of concern about what others think..not always a good thing.

3. Being unorganized. Slowly working on this.

4. I sometimes buy on impulse. Not too often, but when I do es no bueno. Actually, it's not limited to buying things. I just act on impulse sometimes.

5. The ADD. I can't sit still, I can't concentrate for long, my thoughts are scattered and random, etc.

Procrastination

Ultra Competitive

Unmotivated

Argue everything

Try to please everyone around me

Love to ask questions, but dont listen aswell as I should.

I'm not a fantastic listener either, but I read this awesome book that helped me alot. It's called The Zen of Listening. Don't know if you would be interested, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

- think too much. i tend to overalalyze everything.

- low esteem

- people generally piss me off to no end, although im generally friendly to people. i feel like im "fake for this"

- overtly jealous of other guys.

- absolute workaholic. its not unusual for me to work for days (literally) straight to keep my mind from negative thoughts.

Butterfly~Wrists started a thread on "Five Positive qualities about yourself"

I'm going to mirror it and substitute it with the word "negative" as we also need to face the negative aspect of ourselves and perhaps have a target to where we still need to improve on.

I hope you guys can create something from within you to be your 5 top priorities without peeking at what others wrote.

I'll start first:

1) Tendency to procrastinate

2) Not very welcoming to guests

3) Sometimes a desire to one-up others

4) Consumed by my hormone when it surges.

5) Break promise with myself when I make plans to complete something by so and so hour/day/month/year

Just coming up with 5 is a challenge...

1. having a very defective left-brain

2. Procrastination

3. Being too nice to other people

4. Letting my emotions go out of control

5. Jealousy

1. Stubborn streak - not to be confused with my determination, which is the flip side and a good quality, I think.

2. My pride - in conjunction with number 1, has caused a lot of missed opportunities and some hurt for no good reason

3. Poor impulse control - comes out in spurts of acting out sometimes, childishness and missing the bigger picture

4. Laziness/procrastination - well this is one is pretty self evident, though it goes hand in hand with number 3 sometimes.

5. Grumpiness/negativity

Number One is at the Top of the List because it's my latest revelation about myself that has a huge potential to be tapped and change things in a big swoop. All are a cluster for me as my biggest challenges and dislikes about myself, on the positive, work is continually in progress.

1. I have incredibly low self esteem, and allow the past to directly affect the present.

2. I'm overanalytical.

3. I believe there has to be a motive for everything.

4. I find ways to understand others, and often times thinking of ways to use that to my advantage (but I've never done it!). I'm a horrible person, I know.

5. My confidence is so low that I have no faith in being able to complete tasks or goals I'm easily capable of.

-Over analytical

-Procrastinate

-Easily distracted from important things. ex. If I have to study or do work for school and I'm dating someone or hanging out with women, I tend to not care about school. Stupid.

-Lazy I used to not be but within the last year and a half I've become that way and I need to fix it.

-Pessimist

1. I'm a scared/weak person. I've always had this overwhelming fear that my mom was going to die (she's been sick a long time). I think that's why I am so clingy in relationships. I'm afraid that everyone I love will leave me. My dad left when I was young and I've always thought that when my mom dies, I'm on my own forever. When my ex left, it felt like my mom dying. So I'm a very weepy, sheltered person. I'm scared to work again because I had a traumatic experience (actually a few). I've tried so hard to be strong, but I really have poor coping skills!

2. I'm too self-centered. This goes with # 1. I know I need to focus more on the outside world and less on my issues. This is very hard to do though when I feel like no one is looking out for me in a personal way.

3. I eat too much. I eat for comfort and am overweight.

4. I'm too shy. I think I generally have good one-on-one communication skills, but I'm very timid about initiating conversations, making small talk, or fitting into groups.

5. I'm not assertive enough. I let people take advantage of me without speaking up sometimes. Then I feel really bad.

Archived