How long did it take to start talking to your ex again?

Please don't post in the thread if your gonna say.. "get over your ex, theres no point in trying to get her back"... because I'm just looking for those of you who have gotten back with an ex, or at least got back talking to them.

Why did you break up?

How long did it take to start talking again? and did your ex start the talking or did you?

Did you get back with them?

My question is, if a good, healthy and loving relationship ended... can NC take months to work? (if it does end up working)

We were together for 2.5 years.

Broke up due to excessive arguing, stress, and me being emotionally needy and dependant.

Tried to stay in touch right afterwards, but it was too hard so I initiated NC. Stayed that way for 2 months, then we started talking again.

No, we haven't gotten back together, and I'm reaching the point where I don't care if we do or not.

We were together for 2.5 years.

Broke up due to excessive arguing, stress, and me being emotionally needy and dependant.

Tried to stay in touch right afterwards, but it was too hard so I initiated NC. Stayed that way for 2 months, then we started talking again.

No, we haven't gotten back together, and I'm reaching the point where I don't care if we do or not.

Did she start talking to you again after the 2 months of NC? or did you come back to her?

Did she start talking to you again after the 2 months of NC? or did you come back to her?

She contact me a couple of times, and got pretty persistent when we finally started talking again. However, it was because she wanted to be friends. Nothing more.

We were together for 3.5 years, did NC for 2.5 months (hardest months of my life) and then he popped up again. We have had very limited contact since, some periods more than others. He was usually the one who initiated the contact but ultimately he would pull back when it seemed like I wanted to move forward. This Sunday will mark the one year anniversary of our break up. It's been a pretty tough year. I still miss him and think of him every day, even though I am beginning a new relationship... I still carry him around in my heart I guess.

we were together for 3 years, he broke up with me to have freedom, still loved me, needed to be independent and think for himself etc etc.

was in complete NC for a little over a month, ran into each other, had sex and was in LC for like 4 or 5 months (once a week, once every two weeks) then it got more frequent, started talking everyday and hanging out everyday, things got back to how it was and i pressure him.

he faded away and back to LC, once every 2 weeks, etc etc, then it got back to normal again and we started talking/hanging out everyday (this about a month ago) i pressured him again because i dont learn from my mistakes

now were in LC but its about 4 or 5 times a week and we see each other twice or three or 4 times a week, im not gonna pressure him this time, but i am leaving town so i guess im just going with the flow. whatever happens happens and u gotta learn u cant control them, and if things were meant to work out they will. once u realize u have no control over it things are much easier.

Together 4 years, broke up after he cheated (but our relationship was in trouble, we were young) argued on and off, I was pretty devastated for about a year. Finally one huge row and I started NC. He contacted me two or three times which I ignored. After six months I contacted him and we spoke on the phone a few times - rationally and kindly had the conversations we should have had. Said our sorries. In the 2 years since then we've spoken a few times and had a good chat when we've both attended mutual friends things. If he didnt have a girlfriend I expect we'd have a casual friendship but I dont contact him now out of respect for his gf. Am happy for him, miss his friendship but thats all.

2) Together 1.5 years, he left me for someone else and has refused to speak to me ever since. I've been heartbroken, tried in vain to contact him for a year, he utterly devastated me. Now been NC for 18 weeks and I doubt we will ever speak again. I miss him, yearn for him but have long since stopped expecting he'll contact me in the end. I am shocked still love can become so little.

I am not going to say not to try to get her back or to try to be negative...but if you look at all these posts and replies, a common theme with ALL of them is although many of them began talking and working toward reconciliation...the problems that broke them up the first time ultimately ended up breaking them up again. So getting back together simply because you miss each other is NEVER enough. Sometimes people are just TOO

incompatible to truly sustain a solid relationship. This is why it is important to do NC

with the mindset of never getting back together with that person and making yourself a better, stronger person regardless of the outcome....otherwise you are doing NC for ALL the WRONG reasons. Simple as that.

i had one ex start talking with me after NC. Also too late for her when it finally happened and i had given up a LONG time ago. We're talking years. All time total it took about 4 years. Have no intentions of getting back even though she came sniffing around again, and as it stands now I rarely - if ever - speak to her. Interesting how things work out hehe.

• 1 year later...

Archived