What size do you consider a BBW ?

WoundedHeart

I am curious what size is considered a BBW ? I hate the term BBW, but it seems to be the most popular when discribing size ,so therefore I will use that term . I prefer fluffy . LOL .They say that the average size woman is a Size 14 ,but never really seen any reference to height in relationship to size . I happen to be a Size 18 and 5 ft 8 . I consider myself on the smaller scale of BBW and that is what I tell people . I am by no means small ,but yet I don't consider myself huge either . Have to admit there is a difference between a woman who is a size 18 and 5 ft tall and a woman who is a size 18 and 5 ft 8 ,because everything is distributed different . Recently when I met someone from online I was told ' Oh you are bigger than I thought you was ." I sent this person full length photos ,plus my size and height . This kind of shocked me ,because I have usually been told the opposite . I began thinking " Either I am misrepresenting myself ,which I would never intentionally do ,or everyone else I ever met who told me I was smaller than they thought I was ,is blowing smoke up my ass ."

I know in the world of online dating, people judge differently than in every day life .

Just curious about others thoughts on this . Please be nice , I am not looking for a slam fest ,just opinions .

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am curious what size is considered a BBW ? I hate the term BBW, but it seems to be the most popular when discribing size ,so therefore I will use that term . I prefer fluffy . LOL .They say that the average size woman is a Size 14 ,but never really seen any reference to height in relationship to size . I happen to be a Size 18 and 5 ft 8 . I consider myself on the smaller scale of BBW and that is what I tell people . I am by no means small ,but yet I don't consider myself huge either . Have to admit there is a difference between a woman who is a size 18 and 5 ft tall and a woman who is a size 18 and 5 ft 8 ,because everything is distributed different . Recently when I met someone from online I was told ' Oh you are bigger than I thought you was ." I sent this person full length photos ,plus my size and height . This kind of shocked me ,because I have usually been told the opposite . I began thinking " Either I am misrepresenting myself ,which I would never intentionally do ,or everyone else I ever met who told me I was smaller than they thought I was ,is blowing smoke up my ass ."

I know in the world of online dating, people judge differently than in every day life .

Just curious about others thoughts on this . Please be nice , I am not looking for a slam fest ,just opinions .

Being a bigger girl myself, I tend to stay away from the BBW term. I am thick, I am meaty (gosh I sound like I am describing a steak...lol). Point is, if you are a bigger girl then by all means, just say it the way you said it here. If you are on sites where bbw's are admired then a majority of the men on those sites will have an idea of what your body type is when you describe yourself.

Some girls use rubenisque (sp). I have always hated that word.

Being a bigger girl myself, I tend to stay away from the BBW term. I am thick, I am meaty (gosh I sound like I am describing a steak...lol). Point is, if you are a bigger girl then by all means, just say it the way you said it here. If you are on sites where bbw's are admired then a majority of the men on those sites will have an idea of what your body type is when you describe yourself.

Some girls use rubenisque (sp). I have always hated that word.

Hmm, it's probably your weight relative to your height. You don't sound that big. I don't know if I would classify you as BBW. I think this is only one person though -- if you post photos that are representative of you, I don't know why he would say that. Sounds like it was his problem, nothing you did.

Hmm, it's probably your weight relative to your height. You don't sound that big. I don't know if I would classify you as BBW. I think this is only one person though -- if you post photos that are representative of you, I don't know why he would say that. Sounds like it was his problem, nothing you did.

you can consider yourself a BBW when your weight is more than 25 kilograms above your healthy weight in relation to your height but starting from 90 kilo's until 140-145 kilograms. Everything under 90 kilograms but above your healthy weight is considered plus size, voloptuous, chubby, full figured to normal. everything above 140 kilograms is SBBW.

you can consider yourself a BBW when your weight is more than 25 kilograms above your healthy weight in relation to your height but starting from 90 kilo's until 140-145 kilograms. Everything under 90 kilograms but above your healthy weight is considered plus size, voloptuous, chubby, full figured to normal. everything above 140 kilograms is SBBW.

How about just giving your height and weight? Most guys don't know womans sizes anyways.

If you say I am 5' 180 pounds we know what that is. If you say 5' 8" 180 pounds we can picture that as well. I think many don't judge themselves as others do as far as size goes anyways.

lost

How about just giving your height and weight? Most guys don't know womans sizes anyways.

If you say I am 5' 180 pounds we know what that is. If you say 5' 8" 180 pounds we can picture that as well. I think many don't judge themselves as others do as far as size goes anyways.

lost

lostandhurt -- I agree and I think the OP was honest with her photos. She could just post weight and height, I suppose. But really, this sounds as if it is one guy's problem out of many, and not something she should worry about. I think she has been honest.

lostandhurt -- I agree and I think the OP was honest with her photos. She could just post weight and height, I suppose. But really, this sounds as if it is one guy's problem out of many, and not something she should worry about. I think she has been honest.

I agree with other posters in that it sounds like this was an isolated incidence.

I also understand where you are coming from, I feel like I am constantly looking for other women who are the 'same' size as me trying to cate. It's not just a heavy-girl thing though, I've been all sizes and have done that, I actually do it less now than when I was thinner. I think feeling like that has to do with body-image, and understandably this guy being a jerk is making you question your body-image.

Be you, be happy, be active and life will open up to you.

25 kg (55 lb) above healthy weight for a given height is BBW? So what's your definition of obese?

So a woman who weighs 89kg (196 lb) and is 5'2" is "plus size"? I'd have thought that is morbidly obese. And above 140kg (308 lb!!!) is SBBW?? This is clearly LW (land whale) status.

I love the terms obese women use to describe themselves. Marketing at its finest (and most misleading).

25 kg (55 lb) above healthy weight for a given height is BBW? So what's your definition of obese?

So a woman who weighs 89kg (196 lb) and is 5'2" is "plus size"? I'd have thought that is morbidly obese. And above 140kg (308 lb!!!) is SBBW?? This is clearly LW (land whale) status.

I love the terms obese women use to describe themselves. Marketing at its finest (and most misleading).

Do you ever consider that not everyone on here is in perfect shape & happy with the way they look?

I'm sure there are overweight women on here who are happy with the way they look, & don't consider themselves "land whales".

I ask that you please consider others' feelings before YOU use terms like that.

Do you ever consider that not everyone on here is in perfect shape & happy with the way they look?

I'm sure there are overweight women on here who are happy with the way they look, & don't consider themselves "land whales".

Thanks psychgirly, I am not obese or anything but I found the post rude as well.

I am well aware that not everyone is happy with the way they look. I think it is counterproductive to use these silly terms (that only women and the men who have obese fetishes use) to make themselves feel better. How about doing something that will truly make themselves feel better - get into the shape they want.

I doubt there are many obese women who are truly happy with the way they look. But saying one is happy provides a convenient excuse to not do anything about it. OTOH, I find it plausible that some overweight, but not obese, women are indeed happy with their figure.

You misunderstood psychgirly -- she said there are people who are overweight AND happy, not unhappy, with the way they look.

She said two different things, and I addressed both in my reply. I suggest you reread her post and mine.

I am well aware that not everyone is happy with the way they look. I think it is counterproductive to use these silly terms (that only women and the men who have obese fetishes use) to make themselves feel better. How about doing something that will truly make themselves feel better - get into the shape they want.

I doubt there are many obese women who are truly happy with the way they look. But saying one is happy provides a convenient excuse to not do anything about it. OTOH, I find it plausible that some overweight, but not obese, women are indeed happy with their figure.

Well, that's their problem. If it makes them feel comfortable to call themselves "curvy", then let it be. Why does it bother you?

If a woman chooses to call herself obese, that's her choice...but you using these "silly terms" to categorize these women is simply rude & unacceptable.

I remember being 190 lbs (5'6'') a few years ago. I categorized myself as a "heavy-set woman" rather than a "land whale", because that's not what I felt like.

These labels are what made my weight-gain really difficult to deal with. I was working out, I was trying to eat right & get in shape, but it didn't help much to have people around you labeling you like you're a part of another species.

People are beautiful, no matter what shape or size--& what matters most is how they feel about themselves, not how others feel about them.

I don't think they use them to make themselves feel better! and talking of silly terms, don't you think "land whale" is one?!

Archived