And extremely helpful quote (from an unexpected source)...any others?

I am not usually one for inspirational quotes but for some reason I found this one extremely comforting. I hope it helps others...

“In this sad world of ours sorrow comes to all and it often comes with bitter agony. Perfect relief is not possible except with time. You cannot now believe that you will ever feel better. But this is not true. You are sure to be happy again. Knowing this, truly believing it will make you less miserable now. I have had enough experience to make this statement.”"

— Abraham Lincoln

"If the path before you is clear, you're probably on someone else's."

—Joseph Campbell

and, along the same lines

"If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it is not your path. Your own path you make with every step you take. That's why it's your path."

— Joseph Campbell

(this helps me when I feel utterly confused and anxious about the confusion.)

I'm not really sure who said this, but an ENA member posted this on another thread, and it has been extremely helpful for me. Whenever I am down, I read it over a few times and it helps me let go little by little.

"You have the power to transform today's pain into tomorrow's wisdom, and you should love yourself enough to choose to do exactly that. There is joy waiting for you. You will be healthy enough to recognize and embrace it when it comes, and know that if this is what it took to find it, it was worth all this and more."

Good luck with your recovery.

"One day you could be looking

Through an old book in rainy weather

You see a picture of her smiling at you

When you were still together

You could be walking down the street

And who should you chance to meet

But that same old smile that you've been thinking of all day" - Sting

A few quotes from my journal

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

“Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” - Khalil Gibran

"Love never dies of starvation, but often of indigestion."

"Recently I briefly considered homosexuality, but then I figured men are just as hard to figure out as women."

“True love doesn’t need convincing, true love knows.”

"What you resist, persists"

"Doing nothing about the other person leaves you energy to do something about you."

One of my favorites

"Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly."

I hope these help.

A few quotes from my journal

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

I was totally going to post this... I hope it mean as much to you all as it has mean to me.

that... and- ha ha! "The best way to get over one man is to get under another."

Crass....but effective.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Huzzah! I'm all about the bumpage today.

‎" To be aware of responsibility is to be aware of creating one's own self, destiny, life predicament, feelings and, if such be the case, one's own suffering. For the patient who will not accept such responsibility, who persists in blaming others -- either other individuals or other forces - for his or her dysphoria, no real therapy is possible."

• 1 month later...

"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."

— Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 years later...

Archived