Someone is trying to break up me and my boyfriend?

Rose21

Today I got a myspace message from someone "didn't share her name" and she said that she was trying to warn me about my boyfriend. She said he was totaly hitting on her at a Greek function asking her to hang out more. although nothing happened.

First off, this is VERY uncharacteristic for my boyfriend. He is very loyal and he would never even give his numeber out to a girl or want to hang out with them one on one. Also, even if he was single that's not something he would say because he's lacking in the flirt department. I would know, I'm his first for everything.

Well this girl said she knew what fraternity he was in and told me hers and said it was at a greek function. My boyfriend choose his fraternity because they don't drink or party and are very upstanding guys. There has been no greek function envolving multiple frats/sororities. Only his own with meetings that only his can attend.

Plus, school has been on Spring Break for over a week and we start back tomorrow and I'm JUSt now being told this? seems kind of fishy to me.

Her mypace has just one picture (looks fake) and she has nothing on her myspace, just 1 friend, and for the URL it's just random numbers.

My friends think it's just something very bored and jelouse.

I know my boyfriend, and so do my friends and family, he would never go againt me.

But what I'm trying to figure out is WHO would do that.

If a guy was hitting on a girl, do you think he would volunteer information about it or her name? Yet somehow she knew I was his girlfriend and my name.

I'm kind of freaked out.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So am I.

It doesn't make since.

I'm more concerned about WHO This person is and how they got this information about me and him.

His fraternity information is on Facebook, not on Myspace. So either some girl in his class has a crush on him, or it's someone I know persosnally who is jelouse because I'm always posting pictures of us happy together and saying how much I love him. Someone who I may of trusted with information such as that, but now wants to try to get us to separate.

There has been no greek function envolving multiple frats/sororities. Only his own with meetings that only his can attend.

Her mypace has just one picture (looks fake) and she has nothing on her myspace, just 1 friend, and for the URL it's just random numbers.

sounds fake, so it probably is fake.

But what I'm trying to figure out is WHO would do that.

Yet somehow she knew I was his girlfriend and my name.

you even shared your myspace pics with people on ENA, i think it's not very hard for someone to get into your myspace and find out you and your bf's name. maybe she does go to school with him, who knows. it's probably just someone random. don't think much about it. it happens to lots of people and it means nothing. just ignore it.

I know for a fact he didn't do it.

I've always had trust issues, but my gut says this is totaly bogus and so do my friends and family.

Why would someone go to the trouble? Because people get jelouse, people get bored.

I'm a Crimonology major, you have no idea what lengths people would go to in pursuing a crush or to get what they want.

I had this one friend, who was jelouse of EVERYTHING I had. She went to the trouble of personally breaking up me and my ex best friend, who happened to be a guy. And sabotoging every relationship/friendship I had. Made me an outcast. Why? She's a sociopath. And I know pleanty of others like this. I even know guys like that.

I'm very weary of society, I don't really trust ANYONE.

But the facts arn't adding up. I found the picture online, it's a fake. Everything on that myspace is FAKE.

Why would someone go to the trouble of making a FAKE myspace to break us up? People are crazy.

I know he would never do it, but if it was an actual girl, with an actual myspace with actual friends, then I may be more likely to believe it.

But I am not naieve. My major has not made me as such.

I had this one friend, who was jelouse of EVERYTHING I had. She went to the trouble of personally breaking up me and my ex best friend, who happened to be a guy. And sabotoging every relationship/friendship I had. Made me an outcast. Why? She's a sociopath. And I know pleanty of others like this. I even know guys like that.

I'm very weary of society, I don't really trust ANYONE.

I had a friend like that too! in highschool. hah.

the fake myspace profile isn't exactly evidence since if i were that someone, i wouldn't be on my REAL myspace profile... but why didn't she just email you?

I know it happens.

My boyfriend is a friendly guy, but he would never say anything like "we should hang out more, I'd like to get to know you better" um forsure no.

Even if he was single I dont think he would have the capacity to do that.

That would be something I would do if I was single and interested in someone. I am VERY flirtasious. Butn ot him.

I mean, sex isn't even a big deal to him.

He is the most caring guy in the world, he cries when Im crying over cramps. He would never do something that would purposely hurt me.

I asked him about it, and there was GENUINE surprise in his voice. When I was training, we had to listen to tones of people's voices to figure out emotions. I know it was real.

Because it's irritating the hell out of me! I want to know who did it! And if I should be more cautious in giving out information.

block your myspace and facebook profiles. if you try so hard in finding out who it is, it will drive you crazy. ignore it. it happens to a lot of people.

I still think you might consider sharing less details of your life online you know - just through reading your threads here I know just about everything about your boyfriend, his sexual experience, what he looks like etc etc. It's up to you, of course, but you are incredibly open with detail about other people.

Anyway, I'm glad it's not serious, but someone winding you up. Although I guess that's serious too, seems very petty.

My stepdad is VERY cynical when it comes to relationships and just got out of a Divorce. He has no trust in it, and he was telling me things before how all guys are guys and my boyfriend wasn't any different.

I told him this, and he thinks its a very bored person with no life and it sounds like total BS>

I still think you might consider sharing less details of your life online you know - just through reading your threads here I know just about everything about your boyfriend, his sexual experience, what he looks like etc etc. It's up to you, of course, but you are incredibly open with detail about other people.

Anyway, I'm glad it's not serious, but someone winding you up. Although I guess that's serious too, seems very petty.

true. when you are very open about your life you run the risk of people trying to get into it and mess things up. i'm very reserved on sites like facebook and have never had problems.

Archived