new "relationship", communication question

jpmartin

It's not a relationship yet, "casual dating" I guess? we just met four times over a month. He did make an effort getting together and we'd fun when we're together. We don't live very close and I'm content to see him once a week for now.

but there's basically no communication between dates. there might be number of reasons why he seldom calls me, but I think he's interested and I want to find a solution that gets him to call me more but not come too strong.

last time I asked whether he'd thought about me? I don't think he got it. so next time when we get together , should I just tell him I don't feel there's enought communication?.... or say "I like your voice, but we're kinda far away".... or "let me know how your days go... or this's funny, when it happened, I want to tell you about, but...." or I should give it more talk and let it form its own shape?

any experience. advices? thanks a lot.

If you tell your partner how you feel, your partner will have a good idea of where you stand, a good understanding of what's on your mind about these things.

I don't want to push it too hard on Meg (my friend), so you aren't alone here, because she has shown signs of withdrawal before, so I know what you mean.

One thing you don't want is to not express yourself. Go for it! Good luck

I think meeting 4 x in a month, for casual dating is quite average/enough.

At least for me... and most other people I know.

Maybe you guys can begin texting? You can just text him to say hi, how's your day going? Or "Just saw ... and thought of you" for instance. Something just to say "hey! I'm thinking of you" or something sweet.

Don't worry if right now he doesn't tell you about how crappy his day is going for instance or other deeper stuff. Plus he could be shy to pick up the phone and call in fear of coming off too eager..

How often does he call between dates? i am sort of in the same boat as you. I see my date about once a week and talk about 2-3 times a week. It seems she is either taking slow and/or is busy which she is a busy person. We both get along and we have plans to meet again this Thursday but I am not feeling the communication aspect of dating from a girl that is actually shows real interests. Maybe im wrong. Although, I know her personallity isnt the most outgoing so im still dating her to see where it leads. Last week we have spoken to each other every other day so i guess thats normal for dating which im ok with but I did have 3-4 days where did not speak or text at all. When Icall her she usually doesnt answer the phone . I leave message and she usually calls back within 24 hours. When we first started to date she called me more first and now it seems the other way around.

I thought I should let him lead and do the calling at the beginning... while he never calls, but seemed pretty interested when we're together...yeah, I think I should communicate with him about the calling thing, there's no way he could understand if I don't tell him. I think I'll just go with " let me know how your days go, what do you think..." and see how he respond.

I thought I should let him lead and do the calling at the beginning... while he never calls, but seemed pretty interested when we're together...yeah, I think I should communicate with him about the calling thing, there's no way he could understand if I don't tell him. I think I'll just go with " let me know how your days go, what do you think..." and see how he respond.

He could be thinking same as you 'why doesn't she call/text me'?

Some guys like to take the lead, others are not so confident in taking the lead.

I see no harm in dropping him a text and asking how his day is going. He's interested enough to actually date you, so I see no reason why he shouldn't be interested enough in a text from you and he won't mind you have texted and will be pleased to hear from you.

Archived