Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone gonna send your ex a simple Happy V-day text?

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    That's pretty much it for me! I've closed that door already. Opening new ones now.

I would not suggest sending someone a valentine that is with someone else and has moved on. Even if they are broken up they still have moved on.

My ex is now engaged under 1yr of break up (4yr relationship). I will never put myself in that position. She is history to me!!! Last year I sent her a valentine 2 months after our break up and it didn't go so well. So, think about what you do before you do it.

gee
    Whether or not a dumper has found someone else, it is not a good idea to send the dumper a Valentine's acknowledgement. They dumped you so what is the point of acknowledging love when they don't reciprocate.
    "A word to the kind: when I sense I'm hurting someone, I am. The fact that someone would be weak enough to tolerate that from me doesn't make me less responsible for my actions, it makes me more responsible". Catfeeder

Wow....is there anyone out there that will tell me I should????......here is the kicker...I still love her and want her back....

Platinum Member BeStrongBeHappy's Avatar
    I wouldn't send a valentine to anyone but close family members or a current love relationship... definitely not to an ex.

I also think you should make the day about loving yourself, and finding ways to get out and meet new people so that next year you'll have your own valentine.

sh**, even if I did text her saying happy v-day she'd probably think I'm trying to be passive aggressive or something

I badly want to contact him on Valentine's Day but I'm hoping to prove (or at least pretend) to him that I'm not as sprung as he thought. He will proably be surprised that I don't but he surely won't contact me (he never even cared about Valentine's Day when we were together).

I'm hoping to have contact sometime in the future and I think this will be premature and blow it.

Sure am not-will be busy celebrating.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Wow....is there anyone out there that will tell me I should????......here is the kicker...I still love her and want her back....
    i'm sorry you're not getting the answer you wanted.
    we're just giving you our honest opinions.
    i still love my ex and want him back more than anything, but i'm STILL not sending him a text saying happy valentines day.
    if it makes you feel any better, i have thought about it.
    but it's not my place to do it, ya know?
    even though me and my ex have decided to try and be friends for now..he's the one that broke up with me. what good will it do to say happy valentine's day to someone who left me?

on the other hand,
    i wish HE would send ME a text saying that, lol. but i'm sure it's not gonna happen
    "Can we go Back to when things were right.
    Me-your girl; and you-my world. Holdin it down for life.
    I know we've been to hell and back again...
    Went from a lover to a friend.
    But this can't be how the story ends"

Quote Originally Posted by parlae View Post
    i'm sorry you're not getting the answer you wanted.
    we're just giving you our honest opinions.
    i still love my ex and want him back more than anything, but i'm STILL not sending him a text saying happy valentines day.
    if it makes you feel any better, i have thought about it.
    but it's not my place to do it, ya know?
    even though me and my ex have decided to try and be friends for now..he's the one that broke up with me. what good will it do to say happy valentine's day to someone who left me?

on the other hand,
    i wish HE would send ME a text saying that, lol. but i'm sure it's not gonna happen

Might be surprised, my exes always blow up my inbox with happy vday messages-but then I was the dumper-I never respond to them.

I don't plan on texting my ex either. I already texted him on Jan 1st wishing him a happy new years (which was 4 days after we broke up). If I didn't text him, he probably wouldn't have...so yeah. I'm not initiating anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CmplxDame08 View Post
    Might be surprised, my exes always blow up my inbox with happy vday messages-but then I was the dumper-I never respond to them.
    see, that's another reason why i'm not texting my ex Happy Valentine's Day, lol.
    (he was the dumper) he'd probably just ignore me anyway..
    "Can we go Back to when things were right.
    Me-your girl; and you-my world. Holdin it down for life.
    I know we've been to hell and back again...
    Went from a lover to a friend.
    But this can't be how the story ends"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...