How do you schedule a telephone interview while you are at work ?

They scheduled an interview during the day and I said I was not available and requested the day that I had off. They said they couldn't do that and sent in another time that I am working....

How do you get away to take a phone call to sit a phone interview while you are working ? I have no idea how my boss would react to me taking a phone call during work hours, or if I should ask if it is alright, then he says to call them back, then I have to say it is an interview. I don't want them to know that I am looking for another job because I just started, but this other job I am applying for will give me some pretty useful skills that I can state on my resume. Whereas the job I have now might now.

Don't want to go into too much detail for privacy reasons... So what do you think I should do ?

Can you take a late or early lunch and do the interview then?
    JenSocietyOfSloreMaking!©

Is this some kind of a joke, will someone wake me up soon? Tell me this was just a game we played called life...

See if you can find out exactly what time the interview is & request from your current employment to be gone for that time to run a "personal errand". The problem would be if they called early or late, you're screwed.

I would just call in sick that day.

can you schedule it during your lunch hour? or like the others said, say you need to go the the 'dentist' or whatever. a little white lie.....
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

They scheduled it for 2:30... which is too late for lunch. I am in training/orientation so we all have lunch together....

This wouldn't be a problem had I not just started, there is no way I am calling in sick. I'm going to email them back and say that the time they suggested is fine. What I will do is stand up and leave to take the call.

I'll just say that I am expecting an important call at around X time it is personal but I'll only be a few minutes... if that doesn't fly... I am in trouble. haha.

can you find somewhere private in your company to talk?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

my co-worker uses the line AT WORK and internet to look for a new jobs when the boss is not around! Ha, If you knew our boss...you wouldn't have sympathy.
    "There are plenty of fish in the sea, but i'm Jewish...so WHERE the Kosher ones at!?"

One day I'll tell you. I will, when I'm ready.

Platinum Member
    what about a toilet break?

if it takes to long, when you come back, just say you ate something funny last night and you're not feeling right!

Maybe hold your stomach or something in the morning in preparation!

Quote Originally Posted by shikashika View Post
    what about a toilet break?

if it takes to long, when you come back, just say you ate something funny last night and you're not feeling right!

Maybe hold your stomach or something in the morning in preparation!
    luuuuuuuv it! The bathroom only has one working stall and is the only place my boss doesn't have a camera...
    "There are plenty of fish in the sea, but i'm Jewish...so WHERE the Kosher ones at!?"

One day I'll tell you. I will, when I'm ready.

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Flirting at workplace can indeed help women to get ahead and build their way to success. However, their colleagues will not like it at all, saying ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...