When a guy looks at your lips/mouth while talking to you.

jhinesis

Does this mean anything? I've noticed the guy I'm dating doing that a lot, obviously enough times for me to realize he's doing it. We haven't kissed yet, but he'll be talking to me and he'll actually be talking/looking at my lips, oftentimes followed up by one of those piercing looks--but nothings happened so far. He's commented on my lip gloss being "sparkly"--maybe he's easily distracted? haha

He is attracted to shiny things!

But actually, I don't know.. I've always been told that's a sign but who knows with "signs", everyone is different.

I often look at peoples lips when they're talking. Don't know why. Maybe I am subconsciously flirting with them all.

Hi jhinesis,

Hmm I wouldn't read to much into him looking at your lips in isolation.

How does he act around you otherwise? Does he always give you full attention? Is he touchyfeely with you? Do you have meaningful convesations? Is he always keen to spend time with you? Is there a natural chemistry/tension when you are together?

These are the more insightful questions I feel.

But really the most important thing when you are with him is to focus on the conversation rather than trying to analyse how it's going. If you listen and interact then you will have the chance to connect.

Best of luck

Does this mean anything? I've noticed the guy I'm dating doing that a lot, obviously enough times for me to realize he's doing it. We haven't kissed yet, but he'll be talking to me and he'll actually be talking/looking at my lips, oftentimes followed up by one of those piercing looks--but nothings happened so far. He's commented on my lip gloss being "sparkly"--maybe he's easily distracted? haha

I think I tend to look at people's lips while they talk too. I wouldn't look to far into it. It's just a habit for me.

If I were looking at a girl's facial features, they would be her eyes and lips. It's not like I have a certain preference for any shape or color, but it helps me remember her face more.

And I think girls don't like this, but I also look at their makeup, like colors of their eye shadows, eye liners, lip sticks, etc.

I used to talk about it to them (like, hey nice eye shadows), but they don't seem to like it as if I was trying to unmask their true identity or something, haha. But I can't help it, I want to know how they look like WITHOUT their makeup, their true selves ;-D

And also sometimes, girls mistake me as being gay for making that kind of comment so I stopped.

sometimes yes, sometimes no.

It may not mean anything. I have always looked to the mouth of people that are talking to me. Some people look at eyes, i always found it to be very intimidating so i looked at the mouths.

Some time ago i started to force myself to look at the other person's eyes, i lost my chain of thought while talking but after awhile i got used to it. I still look away while talking, but don't look at them damn mouths anymore.

kiss him already! duh!!!! he is wondering what its like to kiss you. How can you consider yourself dating someone if you havent even kissed. You two definitley arent dating! I wont even consider the label that im "dating" someone until we are physical!

Archived