Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When a guy looks at your lips/mouth while talking to you.

When a guy looks at your lips/mouth while talking to you.

Does this mean anything? I've noticed the guy I'm dating doing that a lot, obviously enough times for me to realize he's doing it. We haven't kissed yet, but he'll be talking to me and he'll actually be talking/looking at my lips, oftentimes followed up by one of those piercing looks--but nothings happened so far. He's commented on my lip gloss being "sparkly"--maybe he's easily distracted? haha

He is attracted to shiny things!
    But actually, I don't know.. I've always been told that's a sign but who knows with "signs", everyone is different.
    I often look at peoples lips when they're talking. Don't know why. Maybe I am subconciously flirting with them all.

Gold Member
    I've always read this as him wanting to kiss you! Especially if he comments on your lip gloss being sparkly.

Hi jhinesis,

Hmm I wouldn't read to much into him looking at your lips in isolation.

How does he act around you otherwise? Does he always give you full attention? Is he touchyfeely with you? Do you have meaningful convesations? Is he always keen to spend time with you? Is there a natural chemistry/tension when you are together?

These are the more insightful questions I feel.

But really the most important thing when you are with him is to focus on the conversation rather than trying to analyse how it's going. If you listen and interact then you will have the chance to connect.

Best of luck

he likes them!

Gold Member
    your lips look weird/interesting to him?! haha ive heard of it being signs but i've never noticed myself doing it.. even if i really wanted to kiss them... sooo...

Platinum Member
    It hasn't happened often for me, but when it has, it means that I had the urge to lean in and kiss. My eyes kept falling on the lips as an indication of where I wanted to go.

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure what the case is with you, but I tend to look at peoples' mouths when they have crooked/unusual/disgusting teeth. I'm intrigued by teeth and I notice the imperfections easily.

Silver Member
    I always was told that if someone is looking at your lips, they want to kiss you...or you have BBQ sauce/ketchup/mustard/milk on them

Yeah unless you got some sort of deformity it pretty much means he wants you... usually, other times he is trying to decide if he does, but usually he wants you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...