If you break up with someone and it hurts like hell and you miss them

CoCo2009

does that mean you made the wrong decision? Or is that going to happen anyway?

hey coco - so you broke up with him? Did you move out, did he? How did it go? I thought you were making progress or going to try counseling?

Its going to hurt & you will miss them, especially when you were together for 7rys & live together, like in your situation.

If you feel you broke up for all the right reasons - then it wasn't a mistake.

Are you sure this is what you want...100%? I suggest not making this decision if you are angry or upset.

Because then you might regret it & go back and forth once you break up. You guys broke up last weekend too & got back together right?

If you mean it - you have to stick to it.

Are you sure this is what you want...100%? I suggest not making this decision if you are angry or upset.

No, I'm not sure, I just have been trying to think about things because I have been trying for so long. I need to stop complaining and make a decision and own up to it. I can't keep going back and forth like this. I sound like a nutcase here on enotalone. I need to make up my mind and just stick to it. Still trying to figure it all out.

Picture yourself 5 years from now. Do you want to be with this person, in the same lifestyle? Or...do you think that you should find a person closer to what you need. Notice I said need, not want. What we want is often bad for us, what we need is essential to survival. Only you can answer that one.

Don't break up with him til you're sure it's the right thing to do because a breakup creates a lot of stress and resentment if you change your mind later.

But people can have lots of emotion for someone they know is wrong for them (i.e., drug addict etc.), and really miss them but still know deep down they need to break up and move on.

So if you are fully convinced your reasons for leaving are valid, you will still probably miss him, but can move on and get over it. Just don't do it til you're sure.

Archived