How to get blood off pillows

Hi Guys

Sorry if this sounds icky, It's actually a lot more innocent than it sounds. Hubby has been having nosebleeds in the night are I was wondering if you know of anyway to get blood off pillows and matteress?

I wouldn't mind just chucking the pillows away but the matteress is new.

He has them undercontrol now, The doctor says they are down to work stress and he has taken a week off and is feel much better.

Sugar xxx

Blood is really easy to get out of clothing, bedding, etc if you do something about it immediately. If it sets in & dries it is a nightmare.

If the mattress is white, I'd bleach it - if not, look at every laundry detergent in the supermarket aisle and find a good one for tough stains such as blood.

From experience, blood is very hard to get out of pillows! I used to wake up with nose bleeds in summer, it was hell!

Heh I had a similar problem the weekend before last...

I went to visit my boyfriend and I was on my period, but thats no reason to stop sex. We were done, and I didn't get any on him but when I sat down I got some on the hotel pillow

I just turned the sheet inside out and then the pillow over....

But if you want something more "lasting" then a stain remover would be most appropriate.

Thanks for all the tips guys. Got the blood out of the pillow, thanks for the cold water tip!!

I found the strongest cleaner I could in the supermarket and the matteress is better but still stained. As it's by the head end of the bed hubby said we could just turn the matteress around so it's at the feet end lol.

Thanks again Sugar xxx

Archived