Why Can't I Make an Emotional Connection with Anyone?

CreedBratton

Why?

Throughout my entire adult life I have had trouble opening up, even to the people closest to me.

I think it is because I do not feel I have the right too, when I am going through something that greatly affects me I usually show it in the form of masking it into something that I can say outloud .... such as criticizing a work matter, because that is something I can work up the courage to say.

Maybe I just don't want people to know what my weakness' are, I feel like I am above emotionality.

This is one place where I feel like I can pour my heart out, because I have not seen any of you people before.

It frustrates me to no end ...... sometimes I have things to say ..... but I don't allow myself to say them ...... I feel like a sad man right now.

A lot of people are like this, you would be surprised. I am a little on the shy side myself. I've come to accept the fact that I am NOT the loud mouth at social events are always trying to turn the attention to myself. Because I am very shy, I just sit back and listen to people and let them do the talking. Yeah, I might not be the funnest to be around, but some people out their will really appreciate the fact that I am actually listening and do care.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived