Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pain in Left Arm

All day today I have been having this tight squeezing feeling in my upper Left arm just below my shoulder. For the last 10+yrs when ever I rotate my arm my shoulder pops and clicks. But today I feel as if something is just squeezing my arm and pinching it. Kinda like a blood pressure cuff when it get s real tight on your arm. I have almost no strentgh in my arm. When I squeeze my hand it's very weak. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what this may be.
    Iím not insane ó my mother had me tested.

Platinum Member
    Did you ever figure out what the popping and clicking was?

3. 12-31-2008, 05:11 PM

I googled it (I'm a googler) and from what I read, one possiblitly is onset of ALS. I am no physician so go get checked by one definately.
    Absence is to love what wind is to fire, it extinguishes the small and enkindles the great.

When I worked retail I had to lift boxes using a special stick. I think the weight from them did something to the joint or tendions. I did have the popping checked was just told it was like pitchers arm. but at night my arm gets numb or it really hurts in real cold weather.

ALS?

That sounds very serious. For how long has your hand felt weak? You should def. go see a doctor that doesn't sound normal at all.
    Life is like photography, you develop from the negatives.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them...

pain in the left arm could be a heart attack
    Your attitude determines your altitude.

9. 12-31-2008, 05:15 PM

Lou Gehrig's desease/ALS- progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord
    Absence is to love what wind is to fire, it extinguishes the small and enkindles the great.

11. 12-31-2008, 05:19 PM

meh I can still move my arm. It just feels like it's going to sleep. As for the heart attack I doubt it I thought that was a sudden and sharp pain. May be just the cold weather. I'll put some heat rub on it. I am right handed so no big deal if I can't use my left lol

Is your left hand sweating more than normal, is it easy to make a fist?
    In everyday there is time to cry, smile, hope, believe, live, work, think, forget, love, dance, play, help, ask, 我不懂!and a million more.

"I just have to do it"

Sometimes we have to move on thanks to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeen View Post
    Is your left hand sweating more than normal, is it easy to make a fist?
    no sweat and I can make a fist just can't squeeze anything very tight like I can my right hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...