How would you describe love?

forever1130

I know everyone says you can't explain love and you only know what it is when you expirence it... But there has to be a way to atleast kinda describe it.

I know I'm young and still have a lot of growing up to do, but I think what me and my bf have can definitely be described as love or at least the beginning stages of it. This is how I would attempt to describe it:

Its a sense of completeness when your around them. They make you a better person and make you want to be a better person. Its a level of friendship that allows you to be completely comfortable around them. Its always wanting the best for them, even if it means sacrificing for yourself. Its the happiness you feel everytime you're around them...

As I was writing, I guess I started to realize why people say you can't describe... Its hard! So for those of you who are in love, what would you add to this? How would you try to describe it?

I think love is a 3 part thing. First love is knowing someone fully - the good and the bad. Then It's caring for them despite their downfalls. Third, it's being cared for back despite your own downfalls.

That's just the way I describe it, I'm sure there's a million ways.

Oh, and, I don't think you can be too young to be in love. Love doesn't discriminate

It doesn't exist. It's a trick the mind plays on you. A concept implanted by society in your brain. Synthetic concept. Need I continue?

That is probably true, our thoughts control our emotions, and love is an emotion.

accepting and embracing a person with all the faults and positives. a complete care and compassion for that person.

And that's part of those thoughts, really caring about someone. I'm not sure you can say love is willing to sacrifice anything for that person (unless it's your child or family), I think in todays world to have a healthy love relationship the saying "you need to love yourself before you love another" is very true. They shouldn't make you a better person, they can add to it, but you should be a better person with or without them too, you know?

A very deep committment that can never end except by death. You are committed to each other, through thick and thin, for life. The only ways out are abuse (leave please!) or death. It isn't romantic, but an almost holy pledging of your life to and with another. It doesn't have to be marriage, but it definitely is for the rest of your life. Anything else is just a romantic relationship that didn't work.

Undefined. Like dividing by zero.

Alternatively, a series of chemical reactions designed to trick you into making babies, but that's the answer nobody likes to hear.

LOL

I dont really know yet..but I've heard a few songs that sing about it.

It's a combination of feelings to me.

Love is a mean, old nasty * * * * * that likes to taunt me by making me see happy couples in relationships holding hands, kissing, and all that other stuff while I'm kicked to the curb.

Awww I'm sorry! No one should feel that way about love! But it's only a matter of time before you're one of those couples... Hang in there!

Awww I'm sorry! No one should feel that way about love! But it's only a matter of time before you're one of those couples... Hang in there!

See, I wouldn't, but love is a nonexistent part of my life, and nothing convinces me that I should embrace it when it doesn't embrace me. I think I'm a pretty good-looking guy compared to a lot my age, but women just don't seem to think that, otherwise they'd be swarming all around me. Sadly, this doesn't happen.

When it's pure love, it isn't clouded by doubt or judgement. It's a never ending flow of gratefulness that pours out of you... even when times are hard. It flows naturally and easily bringing feelings of peace. It makes you feel hopeful and safe. It's the greatest joy I've ever found!

Archived