Match.com & Online Status

Traveler27

I've been using link removed for a few months now, and have recently been seeing someone I met on there. I just logged onto link removed, but under a friend's username & password because I don't want this person to see me online.

When I looked up my own profile under my friend's account, it showed that I have been active "within 1 hour"!! * * * ?!? I haven't logged on in almost a week. Does anyone else use Match and know anything about online status? How could it say I was active within 1 hour when I haven't even logged on?

I wonder if they mess with it because you're female and it's good for business.

Yeah, I guess it looks better when there are more active members online, but that would be unbelievable! I'd be so mad if that were the case....well I already am actually. I purposely didn't log on because I didn't want this person (if he is logged on) to think I was still "going on there" while we were dating. I usually make it a rule to not log on if I have been out on several dates with someone, and things are going considerably well.

some browsers ask to remember your ID and passwords. Firefox is famous for this. i think there are some settings on some browsers to auto-log you in to some sites. it's 'cached' if you will.

try this OP....get on your computer where you saw this occur. go to link removed and just go browse or do something normally. then try going to your profile without logging in, even without logging in under another account and see what it says. if my thinking is right, there might be a link to 'view my profile' or something to that affect that when you haven't even logged in. that would tell me the browser is auto-logging you in.

some browsers ask to remember your ID and passwords. Firefox is famous for this. i think there are some settings on some browsers to auto-log you in to some sites. it's 'cached' if you will.

Don't u have to be on a computer, then to actually click on the site you want to be on for it to auto log in? OR Does does it auto log you in when you are away from a computer all together maybe cos you set up a timer????

Maybe somebody used the OP's computer and went onto that site but into the op's profile bcos maybe her computer was set to auto login ??

Don't u have to be on a computer, then to actually click on the site you want to be on for it to auto log in? OR Does does it auto log you in when you are away from a computer all together maybe cos you set up a timer????

Maybe somebody used the OP's computer and went onto that site but into the op's profile bcos maybe her computer was set to auto login ??

that's what i'm thinking. in firefox, when you close a session it closes all window/tabs. when you just close a tab, the window remembers the login for that tab.

No one has used my computer but me. I have a laptop and no one else has access to it.

that's what i'm thinking. in firefox, when you close a session it closes all window/tabs. when you just close a tab, the window remembers the login for that tab.

But still you need to be on that computer to action something don't you?

Its not like you can auto login on a site and be sitting accross the street in a park for example away from a computer or internet access

is there a way you can have auto login on a timer and not physically go to that site?

I know firefox gives u an option to save passwords or not when u return back to a site! But my question is,is there a something like a time that auto logs u in something when u are not on a computer at all?!

is there a way you can have auto login on a timer and not physically go to that site?

I know firefox gives u an option to save passwords or not when u return back to a site! But my question is,is there a something like a time that auto logs u in something when u are not on a computer at all?!

not unless you have some script written on your pc, so i doubt you do.

Archived