Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member

Match.com & Online Status

I've been using Match.com for a few months now, and have recently been seeing someone I met on there. I just logged onto Match.com, but under a friend's username & password because I don't want this person to see me online.

When I looked up my own profile under my friend's account, it showed that I have been active "within 1 hour"!! * * * ?!? I haven't logged on in almost a week. Does anyone else use Match and know anything about online status? How could it say I was active within 1 hour when I haven't even logged on?

Someone knows your password?
    Thank you for the laughter,
    thank you for the dance,
    thank you for the Love,
    and thank you for the chance.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    Someone knows your password?
    No, not possible.

I wonder if they mess with it because you're female and it's good for business.
    Look for the good in yourself and others, it will change your life.

sounds like you have an auto-login activated somewhere.
    Not only am I friendly, but I'm invisible too.
    Too perfect of a relationship is too weird-g69
    If you say you are normal, I'd think you are weird-g69
    The world can only get better, it depends on how you look at it-g69
    'As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me'-5fingerdeathpunch
    you cannot control the world, you can only live in it the best you can for you-g69

NooOoOoooOOoOoOoooooo

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ready2heal View Post
    I wonder if they mess with it because you're female and it's good for business.
    Yeah, I guess it looks better when there are more active members online, but that would be unbelievable! I'd be so mad if that were the case....well I already am actually. I purposely didn't log on because I didn't want this person (if he is logged on) to think I was still "going on there" while we were dating. I usually make it a rule to not log on if I have been out on several dates with someone, and things are going considerably well.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost69 View Post
    what does this mean, ghost? is there a way to fix it??

Gold Member
    Hows that possible on some sites?

some browsers ask to remember your ID and passwords. Firefox is famous for this. i think there are some settings on some browsers to auto-log you in to some sites. it's 'cached' if you will.

try this OP....get on your computer where you saw this occur. go to match.com and just go browse or do something normally. then try going to your profile without logging in, even without logging in under another account and see what it says. if my thinking is right, there might be a link to 'view my profile' or something to that affect that when you haven't even logged in. that would tell me the browser is auto-logging you in.
    Not only am I friendly, but I'm invisible too.
    Too perfect of a relationship is too weird-g69
    If you say you are normal, I'd think you are weird-g69
    The world can only get better, it depends on how you look at it-g69
    'As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me'-5fingerdeathpunch
    you cannot control the world, you can only live in it the best you can for you-g69

NooOoOoooOOoOoOoooooo

Gold Member
    some browsers ask to remember your ID and passwords. Firefox is famous for this. i think there are some settings on some browsers to auto-log you in to some sites. it's 'cached' if you will.

Don't u have to be on a computer, then to actually click on the site you want to be on for it to auto log in? OR Does does it auto log you in when you are away from a computer all together maybe cos you set up a timer????

Maybe somebody used the OP's computer and went onto that site but into the op's profile bcos maybe her computer was set to auto login ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...