How do multiple orgasms work for girls?

Mantis

I don't fully understand how multiple orgasms work. For example, what's the delay between orgasms? A couple seconds? A minute? When having multiple orgasms, do you keep up stimulation while you're actually having the orgasm? Do they get more or less intense, or do they stay about the same? Is there a limit, practical or theorectical, to how many you can have? Are the methods for having multiple orgasms the same as regular ones, or do you need a different kind of stimulation? Do you have to be extra aroused or have any other special conditions, or are they the same as regular orgasms? Is there anything else I should have asked but didn't?

Research has shown that multiple orgasms are a myth. Female and male response cycles are very similar. Sexual stimulation gradually peaks, orgasm occurs, subsides, and then there is a resolution phase which lasts anywhere from no less then 8-10 minutes to up to 30 minutes or more. Any woman who appears to be having multiple orgasms in rapid succession is faking it, guaranteed. It is not physiologically possible.

this doesnt ring true for me. i don't know if this qualifies as "multiples" but... i've had one and then maybe a minute or 2 rest and then got another one... i think i had like 5-7 that day. i passed out quite soon after that completely dehydrated...

I don't know what research you are referring to but multiple orgasms as defined as more than one orgasm during a intimate encounter are possible and do happen.

I have had the ability to feel my ex orgasm since we first were intimate all thos years ago and I can tell you that she indeed did have multiple orgasms and they were less than 10 minutes apart and she was not faking it because I could feel it. An orgasm is more than a series of blips on a screen and is not measured by some lab somewhere.

Remember there are no absolutes when it comes to the human body and anybody that says something is not possible is doing a disservice to all.

lost

Research has shown that multiple orgasms are a myth. Female and male response cycles are very similar. Sexual stimulation gradually peaks, orgasm occurs, subsides, and then there is a resolution phase which lasts anywhere from no less then 8-10 minutes to up to 30 minutes or more. Any woman who appears to be having multiple orgasms in rapid succession is faking it, guaranteed. It is not physiologically possible.
A multiple orgasm occurs when the tension from the previous orgasm does not dissipate before building to the next. It's that simple, she just never comes all the way down.

I agree with this definition most.

The stages of an orgasm are: (as I learned in my human sexuality class)

1) Excitement (when heart rate increases, temperature rises, lubrication occurs, etc.)

2) Plateau (the point right before an orgasm; same as "excitement", but more intense)

3) Orgasm (the release of all the built-up tension)

4) Resolution (after the orgasm; body returns to normal level of functioning, before "excitement"

What happens with "multiple orgasms", is that after the "orgasm" stage, the woman doesn't fully reach the "resolution stage", rather moves down a notch to "excitement", or "plateau", which brings her to another orgasm fairly quickly.

I have multiple orgasm. I have a deep vaginal one simultaneously with a clitoral one.

I also have back to back to back ones I don't consider multiple ones

No offense to you for your post, but who ever did that research is full of sh!t. I have multiple orgasms. Not all the time, not even 50% of the time, but about 20% of the time and there is a very distinct and definite difference between repeat orgasms and multiple orgasms.

The difference is in the peaking and refractory time. There's a refractory period between repeat orgasms, you go down the mountain and work up again and it doesn't seem possible to do it quickly—exactly the same as a guy losing his erection and having to work it back up again. My refractory period is about five to ten minutes at best.

However, multiple orgasms are different—you peak and you stay there and there's this rolling continuation that can repeat anywhere from two to five or six times. It's definitely not one orgasm (there is about a three to ten second pause between them) and it's definitely not a repeat orgasm with refractory period. It's what people call "multiple" orgasms and it's a distinct thing.

Maybe the researchers came up empty because you can't plan it and not every women gets them. Then, statistically, it might not turn up as nonsignificant when you look at raw numbers.

For me, it seems to be hormonal. I can't aniticipate when it might happen (always takes me by surprise, actually) and I only have multiple orgasms when my hormones are so revved up that I can't think about anything but sex and my body demands relief. A couple of times it happened when I had to stay up all night to finish assignments. My body practically went into spontaneous orgasm mode and it was just one after the other.

This researcher needs her g-spot stimulated

Myth, shmyth.... I'm sure we can search the net and find research that supports multiple orgasms....are these the same people that say there is no such thing as female ejaculation..

All I know is that I have 'em and I like 'em and my guy does too and while I am capable of 'faking it' thank god I don't have to!

Same goes for squirting.... you won't convince me that it's a myth and all fake...

not true...i can make myself cum over nad over again...as can my SO (clit only sadly)

And where did you research this at?

I have had multiple orgasm's during one session of having sex and it wasn't faked. So i'm not sure where you got your information from?

Just like they used to say female ejaculation was just urine.

Myth, shmyth.... I'm sure we can search the net and find research that supports multiple orgasms....are these the same people that say there is no such thing as female ejaculation..

All I know is that I have 'em and I like 'em and my guy does too and while I am capable of 'faking it' thank god I don't have to!

Same goes for squirting.... you won't convince me that it's a myth and all fake...

Oops! I didn't even read your response and pretty much said the same thing.

Multiple orgasms are definitely not a myth! It can be pretty easy to do on your own... in fact when I masturbate I always have at least 2. You just have to take a few seconds after your first one... maybe around 30 to a minute and then touch yourself at whatever pressure feels good. My max was 14 times in around a half hour... I don't know what got in to me but I just kept going.

With a partner on the other hand, that can be a little trickier. You have to work that out with the partner, but same premise of waiting a little bit in between and then just do what feels good. I haven't had a multiple orgasm with a partner though - only by myself. It is something I would like to do. Good luck -

I have them on occasion. They are not fake. You come once and they just keep happening! There is no "down phase" at all. I come and come and come. Once, when I was younger, I came 17 times in a row with a vibrator. With a man? Two to five. Doesn't happen often, but when it does...wow!

Archived