Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bump on arm after shot?

Bump on arm after shot?

So I got a flu shot yesterday. The guy didn't seem to know what he was doing and just jabbed the needle into my arm. My arm has been sore ever since and there's like a bump on one of the muscles where he jabbed the needle in. This happen to anyone else? Will this go away? I hope to avoid having to go to the doctor, since I don't have insurance.
    Your attitude determines your altitude.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    FLu shots often cause pain in the arm for a day or 2.
    Sept 23/2014 Asperger's diagnosis for my son. " in a box not a bottle"

If you judge people you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa

Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me and I will give you rest

As for Me and My House We Will Serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Life only goes around once but never again~~Fred Stobaugh

It sounds pretty normal- usually there is a slight bump after a jab. It's happened to me before. Usually the arm is quite achey too.

However, you know you're body best, so if you really think something's not right, you're going to have to get it checked out.
    "I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable, even hopeful."
    Bob Hope

Please, come back to me. I know you're still there.
    I miss the person you used to be. I need you now more than I ever did.

It is normal for the spot to bruise up to a few days after the shot, but it could also be a calcification. It happened to my aunt just recently. She had some sort of a vaccine in her shoulder, and a few months later, she noticed a bump around that area (but she had forgotten about the vaccine). When she went to the doctor, they said it was a calcification--when mineral builds up in soft tissue. Not a big problem at all, so don't let it freak you out. If it doesn't go away within a week or two, then get it checked.
    "Happiness lies for those who cry, those who have searched, and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives."

"The more time we spend disapproving of others, the less time we have to improve ourselves."

i am a nursing student and yes it is normal for your arm to be sore and for there to be a lump after a shot. Just because he jabbed it in doesnt mean he didnt know what he was doing....actually you are supposed to jab it in, like shooting a dart. If you pushed it in slowly can you imagine the pain?? The needle for a flu shot is usually an inch and a half long, so jabbing it in quickly is the only way to make it as painless as possible

Bronze Member
    Very normal so dont worry! I get that every time I get a flu shot and also every time I would get an allergy shot in the past.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

I have had many shots in the past, including a flu shot and my arm never swelled up before really. But I will just keep an eye on it

The flu shots typically have albumin (egg-derived protein) mixed in as a carrier, and in some people that can cause a skin reaction. But it will typically go away after a couple of days. Are you by any chance allergic to eggs? If you want to avoid the bump in pain, you might want to try a different kind of flu shot that involves squirting a small amount of attenuated virus up your nose and you can probably get this if you inform the nurse next time that you are allergic to egg whites.
    "When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying."--???

think about it, something pierced your body, it will more than likely hurt for a bit. some people get lucky and stick you and you feel nothing.
    Not only am I friendly, but I'm invisible too.
    Too perfect of a relationship is too weird-g69
    If you say you are normal, I'd think you are weird-g69
    The world can only get better, it depends on how you look at it-g69
    'As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me'-5fingerdeathpunch
    you cannot control the world, you can only live in it the best you can for you-g69

NooOoOoooOOoOoOoooooo

Quote Originally Posted by ghost69 View Post
    think about it, something pierced your body, it will more than likely hurt for a bit. some people get lucky and stick you and you feel nothing.
    that's usually what happens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...