Eye contact as a means of attraction

Mguy92

So I've heard eye contact is the best thing you could possibly use to get the point accross to a female that you do, in fact, like her. What happened to me was that Friday, I was looking around the room and saw the girl I like looking in my direction, so I looked back at her and made eye contact. I looked away and then smiled, and my heart was also rapidly beating to the point where I could both hear it and feel it thumping. It was...different. I also could have sworn that after my teacher was telling us a story of an experience he had that the females around her were looking at me, but I saw this in the corner of my eye and I could always be wrong. The thing I don't get is that if this is truly the case, why didn't me VERBALLY conversing with her and asking random questions mainly pertaining to school get the point accross? I mean, you don't expect a guy to ask random questions. Oh well, for the most part, I detest making eye contact, but if it means getting the point accross without actually telling her through words, then I'll do it. So...what do you all think about eye contact?

Eye contact can be powerful, if used correctly and at the right time. My BF and I pretty much became a couple through eye contact.... things were said and shared that we weren't quite able to verbalize. Unique but romantic and sexy as we both recall it. Still talk about it to this day, 4 years later, ha....

I respond very well to eye contact, personally, but if the accompanying facial expression is not friendly, then I am not sure what to make of it unless the guy makes contact a couple more times or I catch him looking. (that's when I often turn pink

There's a really cheesy quote that says eyes are the windows of the soul... I do think it's true. I fall in love the fastest with somebody with beautiful eyes, or expressive eyes... I really do think a person's personality and "soul" comes out in their eye expressions.

eyes are the windows to the soul.

I can always tell by eyes how a person is feeling about me.

They say that when you are attracted to someone your eyes get bigger...and it's true...and your eyes soften. Prolonged eye contact is almost alwayyysss a signal of attraction.

I find it really hard for me to hold eye contact .. last week .. I was on a train really absorbed reading something for school highlighting and taking notes (total nerd moment) then I quickly raised my head and looked in one direction to find this really handsome guy staring at me with a grin on his face .. he quickly realized and turned his head to the window (where there was absolutely nothing to look at because the train is underground ) I was trying hard to hold from smiling .. and the whole time after that I wanted to look at him but just couldn't .. 'til he left.. then I did .. but it was too late.. so for me .. eye contact is not really an option.

I find it really hard for me to hold eye contact .. last week .. I was on a train really absorbed reading something for school highlighting and taking notes (total nerd moment) then I quickly raised my head and looked in one direction to find this really handsome guy staring at me with a grin on his face .. he quickly realized and turned his head to the window (where there was absolutely nothing to look at because the train is underground ) I was trying hard to hold from smiling .. and the whole time after that I wanted to look at him but just couldn't .. 'til he left.. then I did .. but it was too late.. so for me .. eye contact is not really an option.

I can totally relate to this. There have been so many moments where I've caught a cute guy looking or making prolonged eye contact with me, but when I try to look back, I get embarrassed!! It's so discouraging, and I feel silly because I'm usually confident in other areas, but making eye contact with an attractive guy always make me blush!!

Eyes can say a lot! That's pretty much how my current crush and I started "flirting", long before he came to talk to me we had been eyeing each other back and forth, it was kinda embarrassing because I wouldn't do it purposely to catch his attention, in fact I'm really shy and I would try to do it unnoticed, but every time I did he would catch me. I guess it worked though.

Eye contact is definitely one way to express attraction and it's a good way of showing you want to connect. But it doesn't necessarily always mean attraction. It can be an expression of friendliness as well. There has to be more to go with the eye contact to signal attraction, such as other types of flirting or communication.

It sounds like you have a crush on her, but it's not clear if she's picking up on that or not. I'd suggest continuing to find times to connect with her through eye contact to the point where you feel comfortable initiating a conversation with her. Eye contact is just the first step.

so you said nothing to this girl? that's your fault. just cause you made eye contact means nothing until you make a move. otherwise, that's all you have.

No, no, no. I randomly converse with her at times, but it's usually just harmless topics that wouldn't imply that I have a crush on her. Sadly, all I can think of to talk to her about at the moment is school, but I may or may not move on to small talk. I have talked to her on multiple occasions, and once even made her laugh, so either she's not interested or she's simply just not receiving the message...

No, no, no. I randomly converse with her at times, but it's usually just harmless topics that wouldn't imply that I have a crush on her. Sadly, all I can think of to talk to her about at the moment is school, but I may or may not move on to small talk. I have talked to her on multiple occasions, and once even made her laugh, so either she's not interested or she's simply just not receiving the message...

ask her about her weekend. something slick like 'so did you study all weekend or did you get a chance to go out and have some fun?' 'oh yeah, what did you do?'

perfect man.

So I've heard eye contact is the best thing you could possibly use to get the point accross to a female that you do, in fact, like her.

Wrong. Asking her out on a date, moving in for a kiss, etc is 1000 times stronger than eye contact in letting her know you do, in fact, like her.

It's the truth. I think what you are looking at are things you can do to hint that you like her without actually sticking your neck out there, and let me tell you... that's NOT a good idea.

No, no, no. I randomly converse with her at times, but it's usually just harmless topics that wouldn't imply that I have a crush on her.

Why aren't you implying that you like her? Do you like playing guessing games? Do you think that if she is interested in you that she likes sitting there going, "Hmm, well does he like me or not! I can't tell!" How long do you think she would play that game until she finally gives up in frustration and moves on to a guy who actually makes it easier for her?

Sadly, all I can think of to talk to her about at the moment is school, but I may or may not move on to small talk. I have talked to her on multiple occasions, and once even made her laugh...

Those are all "friend" activities. You are doing nothing to take this on a path separate from "friendship". All you are doing is sending her "friend signals".

...so either she's not interested or she's simply just not receiving the message...

She's not receiving the message because you're not making any real moves.

Archived