Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye contact as a means of attraction

Eye contact as a means of attraction

So I've heard eye contact is the best thing you could possibly use to get the point across to a female that you do, in fact, like her. What happened to me was that Friday, I was looking around the room and saw the girl I like looking in my direction, so I looked back at her and made eye contact. I looked away and then smiled, and my heart was also rapidly beating to the point where I could both hear it and feel it thumping. It was...different. I also could have sworn that after my teacher was telling us a story of an experience he had that the females around her were looking at me, but I saw this in the corner of my eye and I could always be wrong. The thing I don't get is that if this is truly the case, why didn't me VERBALLY conversing with her and asking random questions mainly pertaining to school get the point across? I mean, you don't expect a guy to ask random questions. Oh well, for the most part, I detest making eye contact, but if it means getting the point across without actually telling her through words, then I'll do it. So...what do you all think about eye contact?

Eye contact can be powerful, if used correctly and at the right time. My BF and I pretty much became a couple through eye contact.... things were said and shared that we weren't quite able to verbalize. Unique but romantic and sexy as we both recall it. Still talk about it to this day, 4 years later, ha....

I respond very well to eye contact, personally, but if the accompanying facial expression is not friendly, then I am not sure what to make of it unless the guy makes contact a couple more times or I catch him looking. (that's when I often turn pink

There's a really cheesy quote that says eyes are the windows of the soul... I do think it's true. I fall in love the fastest with somebody with beautiful eyes, or expressive eyes... I really do think a person's personality and "soul" comes out in their eye expressions.
    "A productive and happy life is not something you find. It is something you make." Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Be kind. Everyone you meet is engaged in a great struggle." -Plato

"I have sad misgivings that I shall never find any consolation in life save in music" - Bela Bartok

eyes are the windows to the soul.

I can always tell by eyes how a person is feeling about me.

They say that when you are attracted to someone your eyes get bigger...and it's true...and your eyes soften. Prolonged eye contact is almost alwayyysss a signal of attraction.

I find it really hard for me to hold eye contact .. last week .. I was on a train really absorbed reading something for school highlighting and taking notes (total nerd moment) then I quickly raised my head and looked in one direction to find this really handsome guy staring at me with a grin on his face .. he quickly realized and turned his head to the window (where there was absolutely nothing to look at because the train is underground ) I was trying hard to hold from smiling .. and the whole time after that I wanted to look at him but just couldn't .. 'til he left.. then I did .. but it was too late.. so for me .. eye contact is not really an option.
    Take your time.. there's plenty of fish in the sea!
    Be considerate, compassionate and help like there's no tomorrow.. life is very just .. it'll all come back to you.. one way or another

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldina View Post
    I find it really hard for me to hold eye contact .. last week .. I was on a train really absorbed reading something for school highlighting and taking notes (total nerd moment) then I quickly raised my head and looked in one direction to find this really handsome guy staring at me with a grin on his face .. he quickly realized and turned his head to the window (where there was absolutely nothing to look at because the train is underground ) I was trying hard to hold from smiling .. and the whole time after that I wanted to look at him but just couldn't .. 'til he left.. then I did .. but it was too late.. so for me .. eye contact is not really an option.
    I can totally relate to this. There have been so many moments where I've caught a cute guy looking or making prolonged eye contact with me, but when I try to look back, I get embarrassed!! It's so discouraging, and I feel silly because I'm usually confident in other areas, but making eye contact with an attractive guy always make me blush!!

Well as long as someone will look at you?

No one ever looks at me...

Bronze Member
    I like to give the Rasputin 1000 yard stare...causes paralysis after 3 seconds.

Platinum Member
    Eyes can say a lot! That's pretty much how my current crush and I started "flirting", long before he came to talk to me we had been eyeing each other back and forth, it was kinda embarrassing because I wouldn't do it purposely to catch his attention, in fact I'm really shy and I would try to do it unnoticed, but every time I did he would catch me. I guess it worked though.

Eye contact is definitely one way to express attraction and it's a good way of showing you want to connect. But it doesn't necessarily always mean attraction. It can be an expression of friendliness as well. There has to be more to go with the eye contact to signal attraction, such as other types of flirting or communication.

It sounds like you have a crush on her, but it's not clear if she's picking up on that or not. I'd suggest continuing to find times to connect with her through eye contact to the point where you feel comfortable initiating a conversation with her. Eye contact is just the first step.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...