The text message VS the phone call

Baldwin009

Im thinking when u get a girls phone number she wants to hang out, should i text or call.

The text message has its advantages: Quick, u can get the message accross fast, u dont have to deal with the chance of being awkward on the phone, u can have a moment to think about what ur going to say.

The phone call: A lot more personal, if it goes well u can have a good conversation, shows some kind of confidence i guess, can get the whole message accross with 1 phone call.

Basically in this day and age texting is popular but what do girls prefer, a guy to call them or to text them. Its kind of a stupid question but i want to hear what u guys have to say.

I think each individual is different but i much prefer a guy to text me instead of call.

Actually with calling i think i would be to nervous to answer so i would most probably let it go to voicemail a few times before picking up the phone or calling him back.

Text is the way to go for me. Any guy who sends me a message is more likely to get an instant positive response from me than if they called

Once upon a time I would say phone call... but to be honest, I guess I've grown so used to texting now, and also so busy and often unable to answer my own phone, that I'll accept either.... at FIRST.

Texting definitely has it's advantages, like you point out, but I think the downside is that people start to lean on it too much and then avoid other contact altogether.

I'd still like to know that a guy is at least capable of carrying on a conversation and has the cahones to actually call me. Kinda shows that he does like me enough and does have enough interest. Texting only seems rather lazy.

But text first is ok... chat a bit... then maybe ask if you can give a call?

i find this interesting, i always thought that texting kind of shows the girl that ur not so confident, but i would prefer texting. I thought girls would prefer phone calls (since u all talk on the phone so much!) but guys like me, im not really used to holding on a conversation on the phone. When guys call each other its like,

"Hey whats up?"

"Nothing what r u doing tonight?"

"I dont know yet u wanna kick it?"

"sure ill head over"

end of convo

Girls can talk for hours though. I dont know its interesting to hear some of u prefer texting.

Girls can talk for hours though. I dont know its interesting to hear some of u prefer texting.

I think there is a difference between preferring texting for first contact and ALL contact though.

Most women DO still want the ability to carry on a conversation... that's my hunch at least, and that is how I feel.

I think there is a difference between preferring texting for first contact and ALL contact though.

Most women DO still want the ability to carry on a conversation... that's my hunch at least, and that is how I feel.

o yeh, no if i was getting in a relationship i wouldnt continue to text all the time of course i would call. But im talking about for those first few convos

I think each individual is different but i much prefer a guy to text me instead of call.

Actually with calling i think i would be to nervous to answer so i would most probably let it go to voicemail a few times before picking up the phone or calling him back.

Text is the way to go for me. Any guy who sends me a message is more likely to get an instant positive response from me than if they called

I'm with littlestar on this one.. I much prefer text, phone contact can be awkward and I get shy on the phone even to some of my friends!..

I see the phone - text or call - as simply a means of making plans, or perhaps to show someone you're thinking of them... but not as a contact method for any deep conversation.... So I say quick text to arrange and then have the real conversation in person.

Ammy

Be a man and CALL HER. I feel it shows more confidence, and you get instant results if she picks up. Keep the convo short, but get the job done as well (by asking her out).

I think that is what most people are missing here, there's no guarantee they will pick up first time so I would say to text them, but text them and ask if it's ok to call and when, then you can call them then and be more personal about things.

I think most people(not just women) would think the person phoning is kind of desperate if they kept phoning and not getting an answer and then continuing to phone anyway. The way I've said makes sure you make contact and shows inititive that you will make time to have a proper conversation with them, just don't say "Well, I'm not doing anything then" when negotiating a time to call cause that makes it seem like you have nothing better to do except talk to them, i.e. you have no life outside of them and you are desperate.

to me if a guy texts before he calls it shows me that he isnt serious enough to talk to me on the phone. and that is a huge turn off for me. after the initial phone call he can text if he wants but a phone call is much better because its more personal and says a great deal about the guy as far as wanting to take risks.

it doesnt take alot of sacrifice or effort to text, and for beginning 'getting to know you' stuff its speaks well if a man or woman calls during this period.

to me texting is lazy and cowardly.

if a guy doesnt take me seriously enough to call me first and instead gives me text then i am not serious enough about him to respond.

Archived