Addicted to Rough Sex

kenshinkitten

Is it possible to be addicted to Rough sex or any kind of sex?

My boyfriend and I have been just letting loose on each other like nobody's business for a long time, like 6 months. Crazy, rough, sweaty kind of sex. It's awesome don't get me wrong.

Last night when we had sex though it was just...meh. Plain normal average sex, not fast or slow...it was so boring...I didn't feel anything and the times I did was when we did a tiny bit extra work.

The thing is though though that I want to just have normal sex sometimes, I don't want to get completely exhausted every time we have sex.

Is it possible to get so used to rough sex that normal sex is just not pleasurable anymore?

Yes, I think that you can easily become addicted to rough sex. This would be ok if rough sex was actually EASY. The fact that it does wear you out though is not a great thing. You will become so bored with your partner if you continue to do this and ultimately, you may end up leaving him because of it.

Try to go at least a couple weeks without the rough sex and try to connect with him all over agian through a more intence version of "slow sex".

You need to try and discard that passion for a bit but I know that will be tough

Good luck with that.

Yes, its addictive. Because its good. If there is not some element of grabbing, biting, choking, hair pulling, twisting, pinning down, and deep thrusting its not good sex.

But changing it up is kinda nice once in a while. Too bad everytime me and my gf try that it just gets rough again after a few minutes anyway.

in a committed relationship, there is nothing wrong with taking things slower, and a lot of good things can come from it. you are obviously missing out on some very pleasurable aspects of lovemaking by allowing your partner to rail on you like some random he met. sorry to be so harsh

why is rough sex associated with randoms?

That's what I was thinking...you can be rough but passionate at the same time. I actually find rough sex more passionate than slow sex...in the sense that more intense emotions arise during rough sex, but that's just my opinion..

absolutely. it's fantastic when you are sitting there all exhausted together holding each other..possibly sweating. good times if you ask me.

why is rough sex associated with randoms?

you are all over this board talking about your random exploits so i dont know what your perspective is. my point was that random hook ups tend to be much more animalistic and "rough" in nature. I know from my own perspective, I have to be rough with girls I barely know or feel no emotional connection to or I can't get off. it's just like masturbating, it takes much longer because it is purely a physical stimulus you are going for. there is attraction there, but not much substance.

With a partner I have been with for a while, being rough has its places and times. But, if the feelings are strong, she can get me overly excited just with gentle, passionate sessions. i dont really want to get more into it because different partners have different preferences, to each his/her own.

Well I don't know if you would call my boyfriend's and I's rough sex, but we do get pretty worn out afterwards. A little sweaty. But I wouldn't call it "rough" We just get into it. He doesn't slap my ass or pull my hair or bite me or anything.

Just sucking on my neck/boobs etc. I just like it when he thrusts deep and fast. We do it slow and deep at times, then pick up the pace. All diff positions multiple times.

To do it slow, Oh God that would be boring.

But when we do it, it never feels rough. It's always breathtaking and passionate. And I can kiss him and we say "I love you" alot. It's more of a "I want you so bad!" Instead of a, "Get over here and conquer me" type thing.

There is always lots of noise. And after we just lay in eachothers arms cuddling and stroking eachother, telling eachother which parts we enjoyed the most, and after a rest we either stop or go again if its been awhile or it was EXTRA good. Then we usualy take a hot shower or bath together=)

you are all over this board talking about your random exploits so i dont know what your perspective is. my point was that random hook ups tend to be much more animalistic and "rough" in nature. I know from my own perspective, I have to be rough with girls I barely know or feel no emotional connection to or I can't get off. it's just like masturbating, it takes much longer because it is purely a physical stimulus you are going for. there is attraction there, but not much substance.

With a partner I have been with for a while, being rough has its places and times. But, if the feelings are strong, she can get me overly excited just with gentle, passionate sessions. i dont really want to get more into it because different partners have different preferences, to each his/her own.

Ok well it's different for everyone.

I love my boyfriend we've been together for 2 1/2 years, we're very attracted to each other.

Rough sex can have substance, we're not rough all the time all I'm saying is that physically I enjoy it more rough then anything else.

What people like varies from each one... some like rough.. some like slow.

I tend to think that a variety is nice. Who says that random hookups are all about rough sex. Some of my more gentle moments were with "random" pickups. I find a nice rythmic pace is fun, sensual and erotic. I like ass smacking (both ways), tugs, pinches and pulls. Those are fun too. Obviously the adrenaline can get going more when you are "working out" with mor energetic sexual exploits. This might explain a more addicted reaction to rougher sex.

Either way is good, but it would appear that you have realized (or seem to think) that you are doing a bit to much lately and would like to enjoy a slow moment once in a while too. Just remember that sexual responses to physical activities can be programmed. We do actually "train" ourselves to our responses. So... enjoy smack happy sex... but throw in a bit of variety once in a while.

Have Fun!!

absolutely. it's fantastic when you are sitting there all exhausted together holding each other..possibly sweating. good times if you ask me.

Possibly sweating? if you don't break a sweat you're probably doing it wrong.

my point was that random hook ups tend to be much more animalistic and "rough" in nature. I know from my own perspective

Not really. I find its easier to be rougher with someone I know because I know their boundaries better and I am more comfortable being animalistic with them. If its someone I don't know all too well there are still all these cultural norms you gotta appeal to until we're both comfortable enough to shred them apart and go to town

• 1 month later...

maybe romantic sex and start off extra slow just have ALOT of foreplay and talk about sex and new stuff.

I completely understand, me and my boyfriend have crazzzy rough sex, he pulls my hair, slaps me, shoves his fingers in my mouth, etc. And I love it

but I have been considering me and him having romantic sex soon I mean it'll probably end up getting harder towards the end of course ;] it's my favorite

Archived