NAIR burns?!

Abbygail

I've been using NAIR for years, and I've never had this happen before. When I put it on today, it started burning one of my underarms like crazy. I took it off that one, but since the other one wasn't burning I left it on.

I left it on for the normal time, but when I wiped it off the other underarm it took off some of the skin as well. I think I have little burns there now. I should note that it didn't burn anywhere else I put it, and worked like normal.

My question is... what could have caused this, and is this serious? Do I need to see a doctor or will it heal normally?

I've been using NAIR for years, and I've never had this happen before. When I put it on today, it started burning one of my underarms like crazy. I took it off that one, but since the other one wasn't burning I left it on.

I left it on for the normal time, but when I wiped it off the other underarm it took off some of the skin as well. I think I have little burns there now. I should note that it didn't burn anywhere else I put it, and worked like normal.

My question is... what could have caused this, and is this serious? Do I need to see a doctor or will it heal normally?

Yes, Nair does burn. I've had a similar experience where it left a small burn-patch on my upper lip. I use the Facial Nair, which is a bit weaker than the regular Nair made for arms/legs, and it still burned me. You should be fine this time. Use some ointment and keep the wound dry. If you feel that it's not healing, then see a doctor.

For future reference, as soon as you feel a tingling sensation, you should wipe it off and wash it with cold water. Don't leave it on until you feel it burning.

psych...you nair your upper lip? how often? how long does it last? does it hurt? have you tried anything else (sorry to the OP for the side note)

Yea, I do. I used to wax it, but I tried nairing it once, and it lasts just as long as waxing does (& it's less painful). I leave it on for about 4-5 minutes, and wipe it off with a damp towel. It usually lasts about 4-5 days before it starts growing again. I nair it once a week (every Thursday). Only other thing I've tried is waxing.

Archived