1yr since MewSkitty commited suicide

Mewskittys dad

Hi, I'am Chris's dad. Being that this is the first aniversary of Chris's death. I wanted to spend some time with some of you folks, that in some ways knew Chris better than I did. It wasnt until July this year that I found out that this was a site that he spent alot of time on and that the very last words that he had written was on this sit. I read alot of the responses that some of you had to my sons suicide and was overwelmed by them. Ill stay on line for awhile. And if anyone out there is thinking of taking your life and would like to know what its been like for me, please ask.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there, I wasn't active on this site when he was, but I have heard about him and have read some of his posts.

I'm so sorry you had to go through it. Please come here for support if you ever need to get anything out or talk about it. You'll receive wonderful support from wonderful people.

I've been through a friend's suicide myself and I wish I had a site like this back then to help me through it.

My condolences to you and your family.

I remember many of his posts, and also when it was announced on here about his passing.

I can't imagine the pain that your family is going through, and I hope you can find some peace in your memories.

I do know the pain that I felt 12 years ago, when I lost a brother to suicide, it's a tough road.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Take care...And God bless!

thanks for your concern. Things have been tough, but since January i've been going to college including through the summer. Soon I will be starting a suicide prevention and awareness program and shortly after that i will set up a foundation in Chris's name that would provide funds for folks losing loved ones and can't afford proper service for them

And if anyone out there is thinking of taking your life and would like to know what its been like for me, please ask.

I am not thiking of taking my life- however, if you feel comfortable sharing your experiences with us, I think it will be very helpful to some other members here.

Also, this thread may be something that interests you.

It contains stories of other members of the site, some of whom have also lost loved ones to suicide.

Hey There

Its fantastic your doing alll those things to help others It'll be amazing to be able to help others in the same situation.

I wasnt here when he was on ENA, but from reading his posts you could tell he was an amazing, intelligent young man and his loss was and is saddening to us all.

My life and lives of others I know have been touched by suicide. Its an awful thing to go through.

somewere along the way I think that we lost Chris to the internet long before he took his life. It seemed, being on line was his reality and when he lost his on line girlfriend, in his world, all was lost. without going into detail, unless someone asks me to, I think that I fell short in doing whatever It took to bring Chris back into the real world with me. And maybe, if I could have found a way, Chris would be with us today.

I read some of his posts and he seemed like a wonderful young man. I lost a close friend to suicide. My heart goes out to you. Please accept my condolences. I hope you find some solace in being here. Please keep posting.

The foundation in Chris' name is a great idea. I think it takes a lot of courage to channel your grief into something positive.

All the best,

Stella

You're finding ways to place blame on yourself for Chris taking his own life. You cant do that. Sometimes we don't know the inner turmoil people are going through...even when they live right here with us. You had no idea that Chris had this going through his mind. He may not even have realized it until the moment he went to do it.

I think it would be great if you'd tell some of our new members here about Chris, so many people here don't know him. While we mourn his death, we can also celebrate his life. He was a loving person to all who knew him here.

somewere along the way I think that we lost Chris to the internet long before he took his life. It seemed' date=' being on line was his reality and when he lost his on line girlfriend, in his world, all was lost. without going into detail, unless someone asks me to, I think that I fell short in doing whatever It took to bring Chris back into the real world with me. And maybe, if I could have found a way, Chris would be with us today.[/quote']

somewere along the way I think that we lost Chris to the internet long before he took his life. It seemed, being on line was his reality and when he lost his on line girlfriend, in his world, all was lost. without going into detail, unless someone asks me to, I think that I fell short in doing whatever It took to bring Chris back into the real world with me. And maybe, if I could have found a way, Chris would be with us today.

I can understand why you would feel this way. But I hope with time you will realize that you can't blame yourself for what happened. Hindsight is always perfect. However when you are in the middle of a problem you try to make the best decisions you can with the information that you have. You couldn't have known it would turn out this way.

I remember all too well reading of it.

As someone who came very near this way out, I found new reasons to live.

As the father of a 15 yo daughter, and a 13 yo son, I can't imagine what you've gone thru.

The day I hit bottom and sat on my floor with my solution in my hand, I looked thru tears at my kids pictures and realized though my wife of 20 years had left me for another, I had to stay here for my kids. I couldn't leave them that legacy.

I try to help people see now that it's not the way out. It hurts too many people and that this dusty life is really worth living.

Jon

Archived