Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone bought the ebook "2nd chance, how to win back the love of your ex?

Has anyone bought the ebook "2nd chance, how to win back the love of your ex?

Hi,

I've been broken up for the last three months. I came across this ebook at "Meet Your Sweet" dot com. I'm tempted to buy it but wondered if anyone has read it.

Thanks !

Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    I wouldn't bother.

What keeps you from moving on?
    If you like Dota, PM me for my steamID

People are my religion and I believe in them.
    I have faith in my fellow man and I only hope that he has faith in me
    - Andrew Jackson Jihad

Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise is perfect light
    For I know the stars too fondly to be frightened of the night.

I haven't, but I would advise you to save your money.

Unfortunately, there are no magic formulas, spells, books or directions that can bring an ex or their love back.

Bottom line: They have to come back on their own.
    But I've been to the ocean her salts they do heal
    And washed me anew in her tides
    And now I ride easy down her cool wide waves
    And over the world am I

--The Low Anthem

Gold Member
    dont try.. you need 2 hands to clap.. there is no making it easier for the other hand to clap...

Bronze Member
    DON't buy it, it tells you to get flowers and logically explain why it should work, AND THAT DOESNT WORK. The eBook preys on desperate people who will do anything to get their loves back, and provides no answers, and will in fact steer you in the wrong direction.

You want the answer?
    NO CONTACT and focusing on yourself. I had my heart CRUSHED by a girl and both of these made me get over it quicker and made her want me back(or so her friends tell me haha)

IM any of us if u want, and we are here to support each other 4 real. Good luck

Gold Member
    This free board will give you so much more help than any ebook possibly could.

I agree with Mayday and Comeback_kid...the two biggest helps in my getting through a divorce (with a child involved) and my most recent "break" in my current relationship have been seeing my therapist and this board.

I bought a couple of books right after my divorce, same type of deals of how to get them back, how to survive, etc. The best advice actually came from a self-help book..."You can't control what other people do. What you control is yourself, your actions and who you give your heart to." I try to apply this everyday.

My current girlfriend and I have been on a break for about two weeks...we've spoken only once (her contact) and I'm giving her the space she wants. In the meantime, I'm focusing on myself and trying to improve the things I can affect. Do I lay in bed at night before falling asleep and miss her laying next to me? Of course I do but that is out of my control and I'm willing to wager that most of our SO's from long term relationships are feeling the same way. I just feel that if it is true love and meant to be, it will all work out.

A WAY better read than any book are some of SuperDave's posts...check them out!

yeah i got it and i haven;t got my ex back

Platinum Member Clementine orange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayday11 View Post
    This free board will give you so much more help than any ebook possibly could.
    Absolutely right.

Thanks !

Hi,

Thank you for the comments. It's been 3 months since my 3 year relationship ended. We've absolutely NO CONTACT (save for him leaving me a Happy Birthday message - I had to do the same seeing as our birthdays are one day apart!).

I'm amazed that I have survived. In the beginning I never thought I would eat again or laugh again. He was someone that I thought I would know for the rest of my life. Now, 3 months later, I'm skinner, working out every day, I've reconnected with old friends, I'm taking swimming lessons and I figured out all on my own how to read my car's tire pressure ! All the obligatory immediate post-breakup rituals that one must do.

It's true what "they" say - it's all about time. Taking the time to grieve, taking the time to enjoy bottles of wine (haha), taking time for yourself. I'm a much stronger person that I was on May 7, 2008 and can only get stronger.

I have to say though that one book that really helped, particularly in maintaining NO CONTACT is "It's Called A Break Up Because It's Broken." Greg's 60 day no contact rule truly helped me. I posted a Post-It on my computer that reads "60 days" and I was amazed that 60 days had gone by and I hadn't falled apart.

At 38, it's daunting to think of starting over...but so far, it hasn't been so bad.
    I'm glad I discovered this board.

Reese

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...