Silver Member

Sometimes I feel like running away from everything in my life

When I'm struggling to deal with something, such as a relationship, work, finances, etc., I want to literally run away to another town and start over where no one knows me.

Why do I keep feeling this way? Is this normal?

Platinum Member CallingAllAngels's Avatar
    You're not abnormal. When I was going thru the worst part of my divorce, I thought "Man, when this is over, I am just gonna pick up the pieces of my life and leave here for somewhere where no one knows me".

So I know how you feel.

Only problem is: Where ever you go, there you are. In other words, you don't get to leave your troubles behind. Sorry. Wish you could. If so, I would have moved.

My best to you,

~Allie
    "You start to wonder why you're here not there
    And you'd give anything to get what's fair
    But fair's not what you need
    Ah can't you see what I see..."

I feel the same way! and I think allie2064 made a great point, "Wherever you go, there you are.".

we can't escape ourselves and our emotions no matter where we go and what we do, because we everything outside quiets down, we are left with our thoughts late at night.

not what I wanted to hear, since I am seriously considering moving to a new city and starting over, selling my car, saying good bye to my family, and starting all over again in terms of work, friends, etc...

but it would be so lonely too!

grr... there is a lot to consider.

but remember it is YOUR life and you can and should live it the way you want to, and you CAN change it.

all the best,
    take care!

-PJ

Platinum Member Clementine orange's Avatar
    "Wherever you go, there you are.". That's one of my favorite quotes (good one Allie!)

I recommend running away for a day or two only. Take nothing with you that reminds you of your regular life. Get out into nature if you can. Just be somewhere different. Sometimes a change of scenery can really help with the perspective.

I agree with Clementine. I come from a family of runners. One thing I learned on my run following my divorce was A) You can't run away from yourself. B) Made my problems way worst. So C) Plan a trip like Clementine says.
    "Reality is what won't go away when you stop believing in it."
    -Phillip K*

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
    -Carl Jung

•  

• Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    The journal Social Psychology and Personality Science has published a new study according to which individuals who consume organic foods have ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Ben Barry, a modeling agency CEO, has recently conducted a survey in order to find out what kinds of models inspire women to buy their clothes. He ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Eating diet high in trans fats is associated with irritability and aggression, say researchers from the University of California, San Diego School of ...